Author Topic: Kykim's son  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Kykim's son
« on: January 28, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
Kim's 18 year old son recently had surgery and both jaws had to have work. He will take quite a while to mend and I wondered if anyone would be interested in sending him a card. I'm sure he'd be very surprised to get some from this pond forum. Send me a PM and I'll send you his address. I know it is OK for me to give it out as she put it on Facebook.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Kykim's son
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
Yes, they went in and broke both upper jaws and took about 3/4 of an inch off the chin area. This was something to do with the alignment of his teeth. They tried everything with braces.  The chin was just a bonus in his favor, from an over groth chin. He had a Jay Leno chin going on.

He will be like this for 6 to 8 weeks, has a wax ring inside to hold it all  together. He's already lost 9 lbs since Tuesday. I had to fuss at him earlier to drink. He was starting to get dehydrated a litle. He kept saying he didn't want it. I said I don't care what you want, your going to drink this. He drinks from a 2 ounce syringe.  Pumped him full of gatorade, ensure and water today. He looks alot better tonight.  He went for 1 follow up on Thursday, and one on Friday. Goes again this Monday and Friday.  There's alot to this, but he says its worth it. 

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
I'm sure he would be tickled with the cards. He had said he didn't want anything while he was in the hospital. My sister, bro n law, and great nephew stopped at the gift shop and Jaden picked out a stuffed Frog holding a ballon. He had to show it to everyone. Then a cookie boquet was delievered here at home, and a card. He has showed everything to everyone that has stopped by. Its so cute, I know he's 18 but he has a very tender heart.  Just thought flooding him with cards would be fun, and cheer him up a bit.

Thanks All!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
I can already see a difference in his jawline, even though it must still be swollen. This must be hard on him.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »
Of course Kim I will send a card....been so busy with my parents I forgot to get one out, but I have seen his pics on facebook even the ones he has posted on his page....count me in as soon as I get back home.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
Kim, we would love to send him a card/care package from PS, I just sent you a PM.

Greg

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:41 AM »
I would love to see an update picture. How is he feeling now? Is he able to eat yet?

All the best...

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »
He's doing pretty well. He's still pretty bummed by not being able to pick thinks up, bend over etc.  He goes back again March 7th to possibly get the splint out of his mouth. He's had about 5 follow up visits so far, and the doc says everything looks beautiful.  Yeah!!!!

I will take some new pictures tomorrow of him and post them.  Going to go put my batteries on the charger now.  I feel like we've lived at the oral surgeons office. Jacob his twin is getting ready to get his widom teeth cut out, but that's minor to what Justin is going through.

THANKS EVERYONE that has sent cards to him. Its so funny watching him open them. He comes in and looks at the mail to see what's came.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"