Author Topic: Very wacky day comes to an end...oh wait...not yet!!!  (Read 2971 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Very wacky day comes to an end...oh wait...not yet!!!
« on: February 05, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
Very long story that I will type later but short version is we are at a hotel in Atlanta paid for by Delta Airlines. Will fly to Memphis tomorrow AM then on to Omaha, barring any more weird happenings. We are beat and ANYTHING makes us laugh at this point....I think we really need sleep!
Good night all!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:12:45 AM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Very wacky day comes to an end
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »
Welcome back to reality  :D  Looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing more tales.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:20:34 PM »
I feel for you!  We have slept on a few airport floors :'(
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Pondering

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 06:51:34 AM »
Well at least Delta put you up at a hotel... have'nt heard of an airline doing that for a long time.  Safe travels today!

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 10:52:35 AM »
Yikes...this has been a couple days to tell people about. Our original flight from Fl. to Atlanta had a problem of some sort. We went to main desk to reschedule. We should have left at 12:45PM yesterday for Atlanta, ended up leaving at 4PM, which, of course, caused us to miss our connection. We were told there were 13 seats on the 10:10 PM flight to Omaha but we could not be assigned one till an hour before departure since we didn't have actual tickets only had transfer passes...why...who knows, not us and obviously not Delta. I decided at 8PM to see if it was possible to at least know if the seats had been taken rather than have to wait another hour. At that time they were full but we were welcome to wait to see if anyone did not show. I told the gal we had been up since 5:30 AM, didn't want to guess how many miles we had walked being bounced from here to there so could we just get a room. She was actually the 1st Delta employee we had run across all day who cared. SHe gave us vouchers for 2 meals each, voucher and arrangements for a Holiday Inn room and 2 $100 coupons for future flights (which do not sound anywhere appealing at this particular time, but I know when we get this behind us it will). All sounded fine till she went to print off our new tickets and the printer ate them. They couldn't get anything to come out of the printer after that and none of them knew how to transfer it from her printer to another one. Finally some gal comes along who got it working. We got on the train that takes you from 1 concourse to the next and they announced that it was having problems so would not be working the rest of the night. So after all the walking we had already done we had to walk who knows how long to the transportation area to get the hotel shuttle. We get there but none for Holiday Inn. One finally pulls up about 15 minutes later but....you can probably guess, "Oh I'm sorry ma'am, this shuttle does not go to that hotel, I will call for you"
zone 5b

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
Cont'd.....we got to the Atlanta airport this morning, Sunday, boardng was announced and maybe 5 people get through the boarding gate before they announce that there will be a delay because maintenance had not been completed yet. So off those people come and the next announcement says they don't have an estimated departure time yet. We were to leave at 10:36, we finally boarded at 10:40. Ok....all was well till we get to the counter at Memphis to get seat assignments. RIch was told we are actually considered 'stand by' since we don't have actual tickets. OMG!!!! Can a company be any more complicated??? It's now 12:56 and flight departs at 1:50. We do not know yet if we will be on it. BUT.....if you hear about a commotion at the Memphis airport it was me. >:(- Some one is going to receive a letter...not that they will care!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:40:33 PM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Very wacky day comes to an end...oh wait...not yet!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
 :blowup: Just announced...flight is '2 passengers over' they are asking for anyone interested in delaying their flight.
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 11:30:45 AM »
Oh.....my......God.  Now I know why my best friend says that flying isn't fun anymore.  Seriously, how do they get away with treating their customers this shabbily?
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 03:19:29 PM »
Take two chill pills.  One day you will look back at this and laugh.......or not....

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »
For those of you old enough to remember the movie 'The Out Of Towners' Rich and I laughed that we felt like Jack Lemon and Sandy Dennis. Goofy things most couldn't even imagine popped up on our return trip.
But.....WE ARE HOME!!!!! And even with over a foot of snow on the ground and a drop in temps from over 80 degrees to high 20's we're thrilled.
Strange as it is, our luggage made it to Omaha last night even though Delta couldn't manage to get it's owners here. We went to the Delta counter to ask about it and were told it came on the 10 PM flight so was being held till we inquired about it.
zone 5b

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »
 lol Oh Cath...Welcome Home! 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »
Home sweet home....

We fly once or twice a year and about 1/4 of the time something gets messed up.  Fortunately when I flew last May it was my luggage that got lost by being sent to the wrong airport.  I don't get easily upset about such things but had it been the luggage belonging to the fetching Mrs. Mikey......oh my!  She really gets ticked off......and I hear about it for days on end.....   ::) 

Several years ago we were in Greece at the baggage claim awaiting her baggage.  Everyone had their baggage except her.  One last piece of baggage was sitting on the baggage claim and it was absolutely thrashed, torn and all taped up with brown cellophane tape.  I pointed it out to someone in our group and laughingly said, "Some poor bastard is really going to be surprised when they see that."  It turned out that the "poor bastard" was the Fetching One   :o   The luggage was so badly damaged that neither of us recognized it.  She was missing cosmetics, one shoe, some medication and several articles of clothing were badly soiled.  In hindsight, I think the incident was rather humorous but to this day I refrain from bringing it up when she is around  {nono}

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:49 AM »
At least all that mess made you appreciate being home.

Offline Pondering

• Members
  • With us since: 14/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
Glad to hear our back hone safe and sound!  @O@

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »
I know that it wasn't funny to you, Karen, but you had me rolling with your description of the events that took place.   lol
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Scott...it was maddening but funny at the same time. Funny because when something else happened we would groan then bust out laughing shortly after at the stupidity of a company to do the things they did (and quite possibly because we were a bit 'brain fried' by then). ;D We got some looks, am sure people thought to themselves that we were total loons. When we were boarding the last flight there were comment cards on the counter. I told Rich 'wait a sec while I grab one' as I'm walking towards the counter he yells...."Don't take them all!" to which we both cracked up again. People actually looked at us like 'that was funny??" having no idea all of the weird situations we had been in the past 2 days.
I forgot to say that when they announced the last flight was 2 people over and we worried that since ours were most likely the last 2 seats they assigned we figured they would bump us. Fortunately they asked for volunteers. When no one jumped at the offer the gal announced "We are offering $300 in Delta vouchers to anyone who volunteers". Rich turned to me and said "Oh  boy, 1st booby prize is a $300 Delta voucher, 2nd booby prize is 2 $300 Delta vouchers" to which we both started cracking up again. I'm surprised other passengers got on the plane with us for fear of flying with 2 mental patients.  lol
For any of you who remember all the frustrations we had with the restoration company after our fire last year, Delta rated right up there with many of their idiotic methods, 'protocol' and statements. We never knew stupid actions by a company could make you laugh so much while also being frustrated to the max. At the time of each happening it wasn't funny because we were so ticked but 5 minutes later we would see the 'funny' in the stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:12:00 PM by livetogarden »
zone 5b

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 06:48:02 AM »
There is  no place like home!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

Offline Mikey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
"Laughter is the best medicine"

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
Then Rich and I should be well for a loooong time. ;D
zone 5b

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
Cath we almost met.  We are in Atlanta today, but driving.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »
Dang it, Esther! I'm only two hours West of Atlanta.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
Esther...we could have bummed a ride from you. :)
zone 5b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"