Author Topic: Almost lost all my babies today  (Read 2273 times)

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Almost lost all my babies today
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

What a day....Started off with the lights flickering which kept causing the pump stall...So I kept having to go out-empty the bio and turn the pump back on...I did this 4 times before the pump just died >:(-..I called the Elec. and told them they had better get the problem fixed because I thought it had just burned up my new pump..I did a quick change around and got water going back to the bio again using a smaller pump...Ran to Tulsa to pick up a new check valve, a T, and some declor-Praying all the way home that the pump would start back...Come home plug in the pump--thank goodness it works again @O@...
    Just happen to look at the babies grow out tank as I'm walking by---HOLY Moley---the strong winds had made the liner fall into the pool---the pool had only a bit of water--babies were gasping at the top and caught between liner and pool sides  >:(-...We have major storms moving in so we are working against time..So I told John--You put in the check valve-I'll start on the babies--He got thru with the check valve and I had John go get my nephew, his girlfriend and BIL...together we got babies pulled--Fred and Ginger babies first and then worried about the longfins--We still had quite a few casualties but, saved the majority of them and all the bigger asagi babies  O0...had some just barely holding on so I went ahead and put lots of Air and movement in the tank hopfully some will make it--I'll go out tomarrow and get out the ones that didn't..Got done just in time to put up the goats and close up the gh's before all the rain and lightening hit...Did I mention that I fell hard on my back in the pool--I'm hurtin' for certain :'( ...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Almost lost all my babies today
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:50:31 PM »
I'm hoping you and the babies are feeling better tomorrow

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 09:24:34 PM »
Hope you don't loose any more babies, the pumps continue to run, & that you heal quickly from your fall. 
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 05:52:53 AM »
Back is feeling a bit better after a good nights sleep and some Ibuprofen....now to see what the final count is today...I tried to check on them but, I can't see anything under the shade cloth (I use it instead of pond netting to prevent jumpers).....
Lawanna

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 05:56:00 AM »
Hope you are OK and the fish are too!  Saw the storm coming but then skipped to the east of us so we dodged the bullet but it sure was a huge one. 

Kuan

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 06:45:56 AM »
Oh no Lawanna--I hate it that you hurt yourself trying to save your babies, but it IS what mother's do!  Hope you averted a catastrophe and didn't lose many/any! :)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 07:06:27 AM »
What a stressful day!  I'm sure that's not how you set out to spend your day.

Glad everything turned out as it did, with minimul losses.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 10:54:10 AM »
I'm sorry!  I'm glad your back is feeling better.

Are you being hit by those tornadoes?

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
We ended up with a really good rain and a bit of wind---So thankfully we missed out on the really bad stuff...
Lawanna

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »
Sorry you have had such a bad day. Maybe tomorrow will be a great day. We had rain all morning, and then a storm was supposed to hit here late this afternoon, but I think it skirtted us. thank goodness. We have had enough storms this year already.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »
so sorry about the fish and your fall....hope you have recovered and the fish you tried to save all survived....had the same thing happen to me once with our small goldfish pond, I ended up with only one survivor and didn't think that one would live.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 03:11:17 AM »
Glad you missed the big storms. Hope you find that things ar enot as bad as you thought and your pumps continue to run with no trouble.
Kathy

Offline cindy

• Members
  • With us since: 25/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
Hope your soreness is gone, we don't bounce like we used to.

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »
Cindy I'm fine now...sorted all the babies today--and only ended up loosing about 10 babies to this...So we were fortunate...It would have been really bad if I hadn't found it when I did...
Lawanna

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
Cindy I'm fine now...sorted all the babies today--and only ended up loosing about 10 babies to this...So we were fortunate...It would have been really bad if I hadn't found it when I did...
Lawanna

We got more big winds a commin girl I can her them hummin hurry child dont tarry. big winds a commin,

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »
 ;D Funny, Gander.   I can't believe the weather I've seen on TV over in your area!  Glad you were able to save most of your babies.  No fun falling especially on your back.  Take it easy when you can!

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »
Gary let em' come--We got all the babies in the sale tanks now...of course they make all those seeds blow into the pond and thats a hassle to keep out-I really do need to move my skimmer so it picks them up....
Lawanna

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"