Author Topic: Not too many posts lately?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Not too many posts lately?
« on: May 07, 2011, 09:49:08 PM »
So I was away for the winter as I suspect most ponders are due to nothing happening in the pond. Been back online now for last couple months but do not see too many new posts compared to before. Am I too early and people's ponds still have not awakened yet or are there just fewer posts than in the past?
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Not too many posts lately?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »
We have about 1000 new members since April of 2010.  You are correct though. About half the posts as in April 2010
Why?  No idea.  Looking at names who post, i discovered that those who do post are consistent. Many sign in regularly and do NOT post. Just look at the names of those that are on line. Many have never posted.   I found it to be true on all Ponding sites

Mind you, some members are "Spamvertizers" and get banned when the slip in an advertisement.

You can scroll down and click on "Stats" and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:48:12 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Michiponder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:37:55 AM »
Short on posts, long on ponding.  This is the time of year that ponds are really waking up and are at thier most ineresting throughout most of the country.  One thing I have noticed about this board is that the people here are ponders with a passion to work in thier own watergardens.  I suspect that most people right now are enjoying thier ponds  instead of posting here.

Mikel

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »
My ponds have finally awakened to lots of prep work.  This winter was weird weather, cold, for So. CA.  I finally cleaned out one bio filter box with all the rain water I collected recently (when have I ever said rain and recently in a positive term in the same sentence!?!).  Pond water is cleaner than it has been since last summer. 

I'm also playing nurse to fishies who didn't appreciate not getting fed during the cold weather.  This is my first winter holding off food for them.  They no likey!

Been doing lots of gardening tooooo!  Weeds are growing, slugs and snails are eating my seedlings.  Discovering a new way to garden for food.  Lots of fun things.....if work is fun.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:16 PM »
There just hasn't been much to report on up here in Michigan due to the sloooooow start to spring. The frogs are just appearing. I don't even have any lily pads at the surface yet. I keep checking in to see photos for inspiration, but there aren't too many yet.
We FINALLY had perfect weather yesterday and today, so I did get some of the retaining wall built. I have to move more from this house to Mom's house to finish it, but the weather is going to turn rainy again for the rest of the week. >:(
Kathy

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
The amount of members that check in each day is good and climbing as the temps do!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »
I check in up to 10 times daily--sometimes as little as 2 times....We're here just a bit busy this time of year.....I try to stay on top of reading just in case some one needs help but,I don't post much pond chit chat this time of year...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
I've started getting busy at work, and have sooo much less time to spend on the 'puter than a year or so ago.  Still like to check in when I can, though.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
I don't have as much time to spend on the computer either. Work blocked us from most of the internet for awhile until we all complained so much that they unblocked us. >:(-
That slowed me down quite a bit. I'm trying not to spend time on the computer when I get home from work and if I do its usually to work an animal welfare case.
Plus, its still a tad bit early here for the ponds. Just now have lily pads coming up to the surface.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »
There just hasn't been much to report on up here in Michigan due to the sloooooow start to spring. The frogs are just appearing. I don't even have any lily pads at the surface yet. I keep checking in to see photos for inspiration, but there aren't too many yet.
We FINALLY had perfect weather yesterday and today, so I did get some of the retaining wall built. I have to move more from this house to Mom's house to finish it, but the weather is going to turn rainy again for the rest of the week. >:(

Perplexed Ponder- I just posted some pics of Ostara this year in pond chat for some inspiration  ;)
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 09:28:25 AM »
We WILL break our record for one day attendence any day now.  Easy to predict the way daily sign ins are going!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
Thanks Greenthumbnails! I'm going over to check them out!
Kathy

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 11:33:40 PM »
86 of us made it aboard today! O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"