Author Topic: miguynmkoi was it you that sent me pink water hawthorn seeds last year?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
If so thank you so much. I am so thrilled. I have had one white bloom so far and now this bloomed today

@O@

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly, yes I did!  Thank you for sharing your photo!  I'm so glad to see it can flower so quickly  @O@  It's so adorable!  Mine were flowering like crazy but I got too busy to collect seeds to share.  I'm thrilled too!

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
Bummer I broke the flower off moving it. Maybe there will be more?  Thanks again

Offline LynneNY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Very cool flower! How nice that it was shared! O0

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
does it make new plants you can separate or only grow from seed?

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
I have not disturbed my original plant which lives in its own barrel of water.  Seedlings that escape my capture go to the bottom and sprout like mad.  If I could send the very delicate sprouts through the mail I would but I they are very fine line alfalfa sprouts except longer.  Loves fertilizer for tons of flowers!  Don't worry, you get lots more flowers.  Glad yours are showing pink too.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
That is positively stunning!  I have a white one here, and love it.  But the pink is just something else!!

Offline rdrboone

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2006
    • View Profile
Miguynmkoi,  if and when you are able to harvest more seeds from your pink water hawthorn, I would love to have some.  I looked on the internet for water hawthorn, but every one that I found for sale has white flowers.  I would really like to have the pink.  Let me know.

Thanks, 
rdrboone
Ruth

Offline fishegg

• Members
  • With us since: 29/06/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Same here please, an impressive bloom. Thank you.
Erik

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
I also received seeds from Annette as well last year {A BIG THANK YOU!!! O0 @O@}.  Mine sent up a few leaves and a couple of flowers this year but I broke off the flowers 2 weekends ago when I moved the pot to grab a waterlily pot.   :'(  I am hoping it will survive since the flowers are stunningly beautiful!!   o(:-) :) @O@

Does anyone know how to repot water hawthorn?  Mine looks so delicate that I'm afraid if I dig them up from the pot that they will just crook on me.

Kuan

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
That is so pretty !  o(:-)

bonnie

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
Annette sent me seeds last year as well and they are growing but no flowers yet. I really do need to pot them. They are in peat pots and the roots are numerous. I've just not had time since moving to repot anything or even divide it.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
My water hawthorns are past the flower stage this year.  There were multiple blooms but unfortunately I did catch the seeds before they sprouted.  I know I wanted to send some to a few ponders that post a lot here.  Hopefully I will get my act together by next year and make a call out....I prefer to send them, no charge, to folks who post here on AP often.

I'm glad Vickie's flowers turned out pink too.  Someone told me there is no way they can be pink.  Well I bought it with pink flowers and they been blooming pink for the past two years!   :P

Kuan, ya gotta be careful but it works!  I've potted sprouts with long delicate stems and tiny leaves I find in my bucket under the parent leaves for friends near home.

Pot those babies if you want lots of flowers Scott!  Pronto!  I want to see photos of my babies!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"