Author Topic: Going to South Carolina next month...what to see???  (Read 1249 times)

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Going to South Carolina next month...what to see???
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
I LOVE old houses and histroy so am really looking forward to this trip. Anyone have ideas of where to go, what to see, where to eat?
Thanks, Cath
zone 5b

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Going to South Carolina next month...what to see???
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »
Lorraine lives in S. Carolina.  I will send her this link.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Lorraine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:20:10 AM »
Hello Cath, I'am Lorraine an i live in the state capital Columbia. Where are you visiting in SC ? Charleston, Beafort have old historic homes there. If you like Civial War history,have some old homes in Columbia. Our zoo is in the top 10 in the world of zoos.Give me a little more info an I will look it up for you or at least help you out as best I can.
Hugs
Lorraine

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
Hi Lorraine....we will be in Charleston. Found a special deal for staying at The Inn at Middleton Place. Hubby and I love gardens and this pkg. includes tickets to Middleton Gardens. We like anything historical. Will be staying at this inn for 2 nights but staying in S.C. for 3 extra days so anything within driving distance of Charleston would be very helpful.
Thanks......if you ever come to Ne. (although my kids have always asked ''why would anyone just come to Ne. if they don't have friends or family to visit"  ;) I will return the favor.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
Thanks Mikey for passing along the link.
zone 5b

Offline Lorraine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 05:12:42 AM »
Hello again, here is a link that may help you decide on what to do -see while you are there in SC. http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/tripplanner/what_to_see_do~3/attractions~31/

My neighbor says you MUST see the slave markets ,The Battery,and Fort Moulty. The Fort has so much history of the 'War between States." And take one of the tours there too. She said you could walk -or ride a horse drawn carriage around Charleston, seeing the history an very old southern homes there.She loved it.There is also a huge ship there in the harbor you can tour thru also.
 Hope this helps you some..take loads of photos.Anything else  you need please ask away.
 Hugs, :)
Lorraine

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »
Cath:  You need to get away from the city out into the countryside and find a stand alongside the road where they have a pot of boiled peanuts for sale.  I can't say I love them but they certainly are unique and not bad tasting.  And at least you will be able to say you have had southern boiled peanuts and scratch that off your bucket list......even though it probably wasn't even on it  ;D
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline livetogarden

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »
Lorraine...thanks for the tips and especially for checking with others about things to see. Definately will do these. Mikey.....will be sure to check that off my bucket list.  :D Rich (hubby) said he will be scouting out a peanut stand now just from curiousity.
zone 5b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"