Author Topic: pond salt-rerun  (Read 833 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
pond salt-rerun
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »
thought i had thread about salt but must have deleted it as i tend to do . someone recommended some salt from tractor supply or lowes or??? would you please recommend it again as i didn't write it down or more likely did write it but lost note which is ,for me , normal . someone else recommended checking 'bonniesplants.com'  , to you i say ''thank you , thank you , thank you '' . lastly someone suggested i change profile to reflect me rather than my owner ''2vetts'' . i will attempt to do that please don't laugh at anything i mess up as i'm not good on this thing . . . .peace..........ps . after a couple days ,mon. and tues., last week of high 90's for temp, last few days have been outstanding weather wise ,i wish it could be like this for all of you .

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: pond salt-rerun
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:10 AM »
Mr. 2vetts...I would never laugh at anyone attempting to use the internet.  My Hubby has to come get me to place a bid on ebay for him.  He just waited 5 days for me to get home to bid for him.

I know nothing about salt.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
Hey guy, do you think the rest of us were born knowing how to run this machine?? Fortunately, when I got my first computer at 52, I had a 16 year old living in the basement. He lived here long enough to get me grounded on computer. When he moved away, I loaned him money so when my computer needed work, I would have him come and fix it and then tell him I'd take his pay off his debt. Sometimes I tell him the work is in place of a birthday present so he doesn't have to get me anything. It works for us.

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
Solar salt cheap at Lowes or HD sold in 40lb bags. The salt plant tolerance chart that was referenced was here http://www.bonniesplants.com/salt_vs.html . Just remember once added it can only be reduced through water changes.

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
understand that salt doesn't evaporate , theoretically . my salt level drops with no water changes and i'm not smart enough to figure that out .

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"