Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
carp
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »
the water under mulberry tree that hangs over the big pond has been ''boiling'' all day long for a week or more . it's carp eating the mulberrys that are falling in the water . happens every year but this year has been better than past [more mulberrys ???]. the fish are mostly in the two foot in length size and there are usually a dozen or more . also had about a dozen ducks in the yard most of the time . some just resting in shade from tree and others eating berries . , , ,peace..........oh , when watching these fish going for berries it reminds me of guys chasing a loose football on field during nfl game .

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: carp
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »
sounds wonderful... we need photos :)

tink

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:42:56 AM »
Are they grass carp?  We have them in our big pond.  I love to watch them eat the grass after we mow the pond damn. 

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:08:34 AM »
Our koi love mulberries another thing I've seen them eating is rose petals that fall in the pond...the wind blows them in and they gobble them up....I know every year when the water level falls in the area lakes you can go out and see the huge carp coming up digging around in the mud...I could watch them for hours doing that--and yes they are huge...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
While I was at a pond shop in Austin, the guy was telling a koi shopper all kinds of greens & fruits & veggies to feed the fish.  I keep forgetting to supplement their feed with fresh food, and your post is a good reminder.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"