Author Topic: Xmas over.. new years done... now the boring count down till......  (Read 1685 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
PONDING begins...  :)  I so hate this long lull period.  I am spending it trying to figure out what to plant/how to finish up my long list of ongoing projects..

HOw do yall spend the next few months of torture waiting for spring :)

Hope everyone had a great Xmas and New Year

tinkster

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Xmas over.. new years done... now the boring count down till......
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:45:30 AM »
My spring time brainstorming has kept me a wake the past two night  >:(- >:(-.....this time of year always gets me into trouble.....Here it is usually nice enough most of the time to still work outside.....and I usually do..last year I built a 700 gallon tank and put in a wakin pond....this year....I'm wanting to take out the wakin pond and put up a 5,000 gallon pool that I'll use for grow outs...and put a new tank up for the wakins.... apparently the pond was not such a good place for wakin- we started with 10 and ended up with only 5 the snakes were having a hay day...so I figure a tank is a better place for them...that way the snakes can't hide in the rocks during the day and eat at night  >:(- >:(-.....Also got to start working on rocking around the ponds.....its too messy to mow around them and I keep cutting pump cords into (not a good thing  :no:)....the rest of the area will be planted in gardens....one more area I won't have to mow  @O@ @O@
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »
This time will be spent trying like the dickens to get a different house! Hopefully I'll have a different place that is my own so I can start planning an actual pond this year. We've just got to find a place somehow, just can't stay in this wretched rental any more.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline pondmary

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »
Looking at seed catalogs , working, working, shopping.
Hubby and I did more shopping after Christmas than before. Getting what we WANT!

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:12:07 PM »
seed catalog time here too.
The winds have been fierce and we were blown to kingdom come, but the days are getting longer and my Tuttle haul out rock is back in the sun! O0

looking forward to seeing you ponds & Gardens back in their glory!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 05:30:52 PM »
Hi Tink.

This time of year is spent on woodworking. Right now, my projects include a 4x10x2'deep lined wooden trough, a 3x5'x18"deep lined wooden trough, a transport tank for the back of my truck, and possibly a 4x8'x12"deep lined wooden trough. The three troughs are for my new set up for my pond. My existing 4x6'x20"deep lined wooden trough needs some repairs and modifications. The ponds are being moved to the other side of the house as well where they will get more sun.

Happy ponding,
Scott
o(
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline milliemax

• Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:23:26 PM »
  Scott   My DH is a wood carver and made me a beautiful bench with a benchback with KOI swimming around on it! I also have a bench with dolphins.
  Any idea what I love?????? o( o( o( o( o( :D
  Water water water!  Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline SheilaJ

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Westminster, MD, zone 6/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 04:56:42 AM »
I spend a lot of time snoozing on the sofa in front of the fireplace with the TV on! Not very productive!

I do pore over every garden catalog and make lists, but I am so out of room that I don't buy much. I try to get a short list of unusual plants I've never had and try to buy them locally later on. I usually only find a few, but I only have room for a few, so it works out!

I am planning a new, larger pond for my tropical lilies.

I go visit my nice warm grow room and breathe in the smell of warm, damp soil, and wish I had a couple thousand more watts of light so that all of my hibiscus would bloom all winter!
Please see my 300 gallon pond and my container ponds at:
http://members.aol.com/perfectplantsgro/biggerpond.html

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »
Seeds ordered and already here!  Tomato seeds already planted for in the greenhouse this summer.  3 rows of 56 plants or so and 2 rows of 50 each.  Not doing cucumbers in there this year, but may put them in our hoop house later this spring.

Today just trying to stay warm.  Have to go into town to see if I can find wood stove pellets.  There is a shortage of those, bedding pellets for the rabbits and pine shavings... Heard the pulp mills are buying up the raw product and so we are left..out in the cold if we don't have stove pellets  ;)

Lots of baby bunnies due in the next 2 days.  Doesn't mean the does will come through, just that they are supposed to  (8:-)  ::)
Mary

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 09:22:35 AM »
Nancy, do you have pictures? .. I would love to see the benches  (8:-)
Sheila, did you ever decide on what to do with your plant room?
Frloplady, baby rabbits, nothing cuter  o(:-)..hope you guys stay warm up there. My DH is still waiting in line for a load of wood. It's been 3 hours now..

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 11:32:25 AM »
I am still spending quite a bit of time outside by the pond. I cant build afire in the pit today and stay out there though wind is blowing real bad.

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 11:43:04 AM »
It's coming your way Gary. Stay safe and warm..we have sleet but much better than the freezing rain. Perhaps we will have minimal power outages. My boss just called and said to come in time in and take a nap before work tonight ..sounds like a deal to me..

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »
Kay they said it wont hit us until tomorrow night. It is not cold outside right now here. It is sprinkling though.

Offline SheilaJ

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Westminster, MD, zone 6/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 07:18:35 AM »
Kay, the plant room is on hold right now while I prepare for a week's trip to Mississippi. I'm going on a work camp with a group from church to help rebuild homes damaged by Hurricane Katrina.

Before I can do any real work, there is half a room of boxes of junk that need to be sorted and either put away or taken to Goodwill, and boxes of papers that need to be sorted and filed or recycled. Then I can consider actually decorating. Money is kind of tight right now, so anything will have to be done on the cheap. I would like to add a couple of Wonderlites to replace my shop lights that keep dying.
Please see my 300 gallon pond and my container ponds at:
http://members.aol.com/perfectplantsgro/biggerpond.html

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 07:47:18 AM »
I spend a lot of time searching for new tropical lilies. And reading pond related things on the internet. This yr my husband is building me my 10 water garden. It will have some of my bigger koi in it. I have 6 aquariums and a 100 gallon pond in the basement with plants and fish in it. Also many tropical plants. I go down there when there is ice and snow outside and piddle with my plants. It helps me cope with winter.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"