Author Topic: fireworks  (Read 1114 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
fireworks
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:05:10 AM »
i think if people in our neighborhood would have applied the money they spent on fireworks to the national debt it would have paid it in full . it has sounded as though some one were filming a war movie every time it got dark last couple of days . . . .peace. . .i mean PEACE

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: fireworks
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:07:41 AM »
Mr. 2vettes, I hope you have a peaceful Tuesday.  I am also amazed at the amount of money some people spend on fireworks.  It seems that the less they have the more they spend.

Our part of Texas "outlawed" the sell and use of fireworks this year because we are so DRY.  The city had a laser light show instead.

Offline 2vetts

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:47:54 AM »
we have had a half inch of rain in last 5 weeks so i was surprised that there were so many fireworks around here both in the towns and by individuals . i'd have thought the fire risk to be to great but i guess that would only be considered after the fact had there been a fire .

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »
We've only had 2" rain since September and more grass fires than yiou can count on both hands.  Fireworks were out of the question around here.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »
I was gonna say the same thing as Sue.  We had fireworks here in Houston (city-sponsored display ... home fire works are outlawed), but they were smaller and shorter than previous years, due to the lack of rain.

But when I got home from watching the official display, someone near my house was shooting off a constant barrage, and it sounded just like the big displays put on by the professionals. 

After that, the toads started up, and this time, I see what the neighbors complain about - it actually WAS too loud to sleep.  I had to put in ear plugs!!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »
All fireworks are illegal in our city, however, several surrounding cities allow them thus the net effect is that every 4th of July it sounds like a war zone.  I sat outside last night listening to them and I too was amazed at how much money must have been spent on fireworks.  The sound was constant for a solid 2-3 hours and scattered prior and thereafter.  A former co-worker once told me that he coaches for Pop Warner football and every year they set up a fireworks stand and they usually clear in the neighborhood of 30K every year selling fireworks.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
I was floored at how many shell type fireworks were being set off last night. Our city has a big display and the neighboring city does one on the 3rd. But all over the valley last night there were impressive displays. I was sitting there in the yard watching and thinking that the economy must not be so bad for some. Also thinking that a lot of people have illegal fireworks or a whole lot more people with money and pyro technician cards live in our town this year. ::)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"