Author Topic: Picture of my child!  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Lorraine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Picture of my child!
« on: January 04, 2007, 09:26:20 AM »

Yeaaa, I figured out how to post a picture.
      Anyway this is our child,Spooky. This is the way said child looks when you are eating! The look says it all! 'YOU REALLY ARE NOT GOING TO SHARE ?' Well! If one knows what is good for you....better share that tidbit! :)

Lorraine

Lorraine

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of my child!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 09:44:12 AM »
What a perfect name! Lovely "kid"  (8:-) We can't even get up from the table for our girls laying there staring at us with those poor pitiful me looks.  ;D

Offline Lorraine

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:16:30 AM »
 :)Thanks, we also have her 'childern' Sissy who looks like Mama and Copper,who knows who is daddy is! They are lovingly called 'The Destroyers'. Why because they destroy everything! My once beautiful yard looks like army bomb training, w/ all the holes ! You go out after dark,you take your life in your hands,fall in one of them holes......... :( not pretty!
  I don't have a pond anymore, the destroyers took care of that. Just lots and lots of tubs filled w/plants. But we are slowly moving my flower garden and hydranges so I can start my pond in front of our living room windows. Since having hip surgery in July 06 it is hard to get down to the ground,so plan on making it knee high or almost waist high so I can get to it better. And using one of the black tubs w/spillway as a water fall and filter. Put brick around it and the pond so it doesn't look tacky. And put my goldfish which are in a aquariume in the house out there. There is more sun there so should do good there. And of course photos - photos.
  My neighbors are not too happy with me,' since you have them tubs of water we have more bugs now!' Gee hate to tell you this but we still have the same amount,except now we have frogs,dragonflies,and a few more birds. Oh can't wait for them to see the bat house I got from hubby for Christmas! :D You know they will complain now! Oh well !! :)
Lorraine

GAJen

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 01:59:17 PM »
Very pretty.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »
Tried to post to this this afternoon and it wouldn't let me!

I think she's a beautiful baby - she looks like a really sweet little mix I found on the expressway on the way to work one morning.  I would have loved to keep that dog - such a nice girl - but DH said we had a new baby, a dog and 3 cats and that was enough!

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »
Well, what's a matter with him Teresa?  No sense of adventure?   lol    And she's a beauty Lorraine!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 06:04:22 PM »
That is one cool looking dog!  8) (8:-) O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 06:15:39 PM »
Well, what's a matter with him Teresa?  No sense of adventure?   lol    And she's a beauty Lorraine!

Absolutely NO sense of adventure!  But I finally figured out how to get animals in such a way that he CANNOT say no . . . . wait till someone dies and tell him they willed me their animals!!!  (JK)

Actually he helped me find that little girl a really nice home on a farm where she could run all she wanted.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »
That's funny Teresa, and really sweet too.  My DH has no sense of adventure either, especially when it comes to adopting pets....maybe it has something to do with them always being cats?   :-\   I just can't turn them away starving...we did have someone drop off a whole litter of pups once: we kept two and found homes for the rest--there were about 10 in the litter :o
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »
Lorraine, I knew before you said what those eyes were telling us.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »
Those eyes  :o.....they're beautiful in a spooky kind of way.  His name fits him to a T, but he's a cutie.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 10:29:45 PM »
She's a sweet looking girl.

maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 06:23:36 AM »
I second what Kim said, what beautiful eyes!!!   o(:-)
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Lorraine

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 08:20:52 AM »
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Spooky (Mama), life with them sure ain't boring! :) She is like a kid. Hubby has been walking her every nite hasn't missed one yet, he has lost about 5-6 pounds.The dog whisper says you need to do this for active dogs and it sure has helped her,but she will lay on the floor and roll and sit up ..lay down,puff her cheeks in and out,and then sigh loudly,till hubby says' okay okay were going for the walk now! And the kids,they have been going with the help of our friend- neighbor next door,3 dogs going for a walk and of course Spooky is the alpha dog,and her kids can not get ahead of her,so she fussys at them going up the street! It is very comical to watch the guys and the dogs! I will post the kids  when I find them.
Lorraine

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
Looking forward to pictures of the "destroyers"  ;D 
As for neighbors, one of mine thinks that the spring time mating noises of the fowlers toads are actually my parrots being noisy..at 10pm at night..so what do they know and who cares  ..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 09:38:15 AM by Kay »

Offline Lorraine

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 09:04:22 AM »

The Destroyers @ 8 months (2004)

This is Copper,don't know who his daddy was,he doesn't look like his sister or Mama

This is Sissy, the daughter of Spooky and sister to Copper. SHE is her mamas daughter! Tries to be an Alpha dog,poor Copper he doesn't stand a chance with the girls :) but he is getting so he fights back,tired  of the crap they give him.

Lorraine

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »
What beautiful dogs!  You've definitely got some Border Collie in Sissy and that pup.  We have two border collies, they are energetic with a capital E.   :)

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »
They are gorgeous!  Copper is just too cute!!! What a face on that boy!

Offline Viv

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
What great dogs you have Lorraine! I love their faces, such characters.

The destroyers lol!! I have one of those too.

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »
Beautiful dogs. I love the color of Copper, and of course the eyes on Spooky.  O0

Offline terri

• Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 05:20:31 AM »
What a pretty dog, and what a perfect name for her!
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 09:18:40 AM »
Beautiful dogs and those eyes are Spooky. Great name.

I've been watching the Dog Whisperer a lot lately. I can't believe some of the crap people put up with from their pets. I saw a lady whose dog bit her if she got into bed with her husband.
Cesar Milan is fascinating. It all boils down to dogs are dogs not people. Dogs are 99.99999999999% Wolf. Dogs need long walks with the person in charge. Dogs need structure and rules. After watching wolves on nature shows for my entire life it is very clear to me that he is so right about dogs. The alpha wolves always go first, they do discipline immediately if anyone steps out of line, the pack does cover miles of territory daily but they are all very close and play and play with each other and what looks like scary fights, isn't. Oops, going off topic. sorry.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"