Author Topic: How hot is it at your house? Set a record?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
How hot is it at your house? Set a record?
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
We hit a record here in Detroit area, 100 degrees (heat index up to 115) :'( (that is not a tear, it is sweat!)
Kathy

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: How hot is it at your house? Set a record?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
The weatherman just said that we have set a new record for the most days in any summer to reach 100* or better...

{:-P;;  27 times so far.  We still have the rest of July and August and September...I think we'll be breaking that record several times a week for awhile yet.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »
Granted, anything above 78F is hot to me.    lol. Today is day #27 for temp 100F or up. We hit 106F today.  Forecast says we will be 106F tomorrow and Saturday.  :(  Humidity is supposed to go up as well.  Sigh...

Hope everyone can stay cool.

Kuan

Edited to change the # days to 27, not 26 per the 10 pm news.  {nono}
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:27:49 PM by tweetybaby2005 »

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:29:02 AM »
Kuan  :o YIKES!
Kathy

Offline magoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:34:39 AM »
Three cheers for global warming,

Boo, Boo, Boo
If it's worth doin', it's worth doin' to excess
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/magoo_/

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
Yikes!  I'll leave it to you guys to set the record, thank-you!   :o

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »
Hit a 103 here today in southcentral PA - broke the record set in 1926!  Second day in a row over 100 - first time since 1999.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 06:49:02 AM »
Same here in Ohio as in PA...I for one am OVER IT!  I can't wait for fall.  I don't mind hot weather, usually there is a decent breeze that feels good even when it's hot.  But this breeze feels like a hot furnace blast and it's not cooling in the least.  The heat index is 110 to 115*.  Air you can wear.  Hubby is even coming in and sitting around after checking all the cattle and making sure they are all okay.  It's just too hot to do anything outside for long.   >:(
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 07:56:11 AM »
50* but finally, not raining.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »
Our 10-day forecast includes daily highs above 100 each day. Our highest this month was 105. The sad part is our typical rainfall is about 2 1/2" in July and so far we only have 0.08".

Looking forward to cooling off in the Pacific Northwest for the next few weeks! Their daytime highs are like 15 degrees BELOW our night time LOWS. Brrr!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »
Fifty degrees sounds like HEAVEN to me!!!    8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
Yah, we're neck and neck with Detroit. Odd thing, I used to think that a pool was so much easier to keep clear because all I had to do was throw in chemicals. Not so. I manage to keep the pond  looking better than the pool. I just found out our test chemicals were old and not functioning right. THAT IS WHY IT STARTED TO BE AS GREEN AS GRASS. $65 later, hopefully it will clear out a bit or at least get the green gone. LOL. We have 30 teens coming tomorrow night to eat and swim. You might know. It will at least be just cloudy by then. Pete says the pool hasn't been this high of a temp since we've been married 27 years. 89 degrees.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »
 {:-P;;  as a local weatherman said...what difference does it make after 100*...it's still HOT  :D :D :D

Hubby and I was talking last night about Childress, Texas seems to be the hottest town in our area.  According to accuweather, they have had 58 days of 100* or better so far this year.  Ten of those were in May.

We've had 2.11" of rain since OCTOBER...we are so dry it is unreal.  A lot of places around us have had less than 1.5" so far for the year.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
Sue, I know it's hot here, but compared to you guys down there with an extended dought on top of it, we shouldn't complain.  I feel so bad for you all and for the farmers and ranchers:  there is no consolation.  You just need rain for many days and not downpours that are here and gone.  Good, steady, life-giving rain.   :-\
LuAnn

Offline jclements

• Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 07:12:16 PM »
I am pretty sure it was over 100* again here today. Guess what I did? Bought a new jacket for my trip next week so I won't freeze to death! :D
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"