Author Topic: Holy CRAP!  (Read 928 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Holy CRAP!
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
I just got home and had two near misses because of IDIOTS who pulled out in front of me!

I had a green light, going about 45 (the speed limit, mind you) and some jerk pulled out from the intersection on my right, and I had to slam on my brakes.  When I got to the next intersection, they turned and I was going straight and about 30 yards past the intersection ANOTHER jerk pulled out from a gas station, again on my right, and I had to swerve to miss him.  But when he pulled out, he pulled out to turn right (going the same direction as me) and I assumed he realized that he pulled out in front of me because he swung right into the lane to my left.  But noooo... he swerved back to the right... oh, about when I was right next to him!  I had to swerve right, avoid the curb, and then once I was clear there was a guy on a bicycle in the lane and I had to swerve left to avoid him! 

What the hell, don't people pay attention to traffic lights (mine were both green) and HEADLIGHTS approaching them???

I'd go out and buy a lotto ticket if I wasn't too chicken $#!+ scared to drive the streets in my 'hood tonight!  I'm drinking heavily tonight!  lol

I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Pam

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Baby Doll lotus
  • With us since: 15/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Holy CRAP!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »
I call those days 'accidents waiting to happen days'  :) Did you ever notice that some days are full of near misses and most of our commutes are just uneventful? Not sure that this makes sense to anyone else, but I really think it's related to planetary alignment  :D
Pam

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »
I think your "magnatism" for attracting you-know-what must be in overdrive....  ;D  Good thing you were alert and quick on the reflexes.... although I bet that guy on the bike had to change his shorts when he got home....
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:27:48 PM »
Yeah, Mikey, it was working overtime that minute!  I'm also glad I was in my Corona and not the truck or the Plymouth, the Corona is set up for racing and it's a small car.  So when the idiot swerved back to the right and had me between him and the curb I had to swerve like a racer through a chicane.  He was close enough for me to reach out and touch his car!

The guy on the bike... he was heading away and probably didn't know what just happened behind him...  but now that I think about it... on a bike, on a dark street, at night with no lights on his bike, not even in a bike lane.  What was he thinking?   Can you imagine what that would have done to me if I had hit him... even though I was not doing anything wrong?  The speed limit is 45, I imagine I was at about 35 at the time but still..

Pam... yes, you're right.  Sometimes it just seems like they come out in droves, I usually hear it referred to as "must be a full moon tonight".  lol
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:33:07 AM »
My car has a "decloaking" switch which it seems I forget to use  :D I can't blame idiot drivers for cutting into m :Py lane or my right of way. 

I've had a bicycler hit my car from the side while I was sitting at a red light!  He ran away with his bike leaving a dent in the front side of my poor "cloaked" car.  Talk about shocked.  I would have run after him but my car was in the left side of two right turn lanes.  Drivers behind me were honking their horns to get me moving.  I reported this to the police later.  They've seen this happen to often.

Live long and proper.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"