Author Topic: A very sad, tragic day  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A very sad, tragic day
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
Sara please do not be a stranger we will be here for you as much as we can. You can talk to us anytime, we will be here to listen.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »
Good post Vickie! O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »
I'm shock to see such a vibrant personality on Ponders leave us so soon.  I'm going to miss Scott's humor and knowledge.  Many thoughts and prayers are pointed your way SaraLou.  Good to know you were together.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 01:43:00 AM »
Here is a link to the message page at the funeral home website. You can leave a message for Sarah and their family.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/DignityMemorial/guestbook.aspx?n=johnson-maddox&pid=153547150&eid=viewgb

Offline karen J

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
I'm sorry, Sarah. I haven't been on here too much lately, but have had discussions and trades with Scott. Always a pleasant, knowledgeable, and generous person who was a great presence here. He will be sorely missed.  :hug:
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
Wow! What a shocker. Sarah I am so sorry, you and your family have my deepest condolences.

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
I also am shocked and sad to hear this news. Does anyone happen to know what his favorite water lily was?
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
Sue might know.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »
 {:-P;;  I think he was still looking for his favorite.  I was suppose to send three new ones this fall.

Offline Zralou

• Members
  • With us since: 09/09/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
Hi

I would like to take this opportunity to say a BIG thank you to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.  I would especially would like to thank those who took the time and signed his 'guest book'.

Yesterday was the funeral, it was a beautiful service, there were a lot of family and friends there, but what touched me deeply, and I know Scott would have been proud, was the amount of people who turned up from his workplace (we both worked at the same car auction), every department was represented, from the very top boss, down to the guy who  empties the trash cans, even the General Motors(GM) representative attended the service.

Vickie, I thank you for telling me to "not be a stranger", I will still drop in once in a while, but Scott was the 'ponder' I don't know a Koi from a Lily!!, he always tried to get me interested in ponds, but I just don't have that kind of patience.

jclements, I don't know exactly what his 'favourite' lily was, but I know he loved the tropicals, and if I had to commit to says a definite favourite, I would have to say it was the 'Victoria'.

And Sue, I constantly heard about the plants you were going to send him, he'd already started preparations on the pond where they would go.

So, once again, a very BIG thank you to all of you for being Scotts Friends, he loved you all, you were a large part of his life (most of every evening to be exact!!).
I will try and keep in touch as much as possible, just don't expect me to know ANYTHING about ponding!!.

Sara Lou

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
My condolences' to Sara Lou and her family.  Truly devastaing for someone so young.

Gary

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
Sarah, I was thinking of you and your family a lot Tuesday. Wish I could have been there.

Oh and don't worry a bit about now knowing anything about ponding. I didn't when I first started. That is why I came here in the first place. It was December and it was mid summer when I ordered a little preform. We dug a hole and within two weeks we realized how tiny it was and then dug a hole that my son in law lined. Well then dumby me buys some fish, two Koi and some goldfish. Of course we had to bring them in the house in the winter here in Michigan. And after a couple of winters inside, we realized the pond was too little for them. LOL. So then we had to make a larger pond. So I will warn you that if you try to learn about that stuff Scott has going out there, you may be in over your head. LOL

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
Dear Sara, I am sorry to read this, you have my deepest sympathy. Scott will be missed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:49:20 PM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
Sara I hope your doing okay. We are hoping your doing as well as you can for now.

Offline ram

• Members
  • With us since: 03/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss, Scott also helped me a lot in ponding. I will miss him and keep him in my thoughts always.

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2011, 06:25:56 AM »
Sara,
I am so sorry for your loss. My daughter (RAM) talked to Scott on the chat alot. She really thought alot of him and was very sad to hear of his sudden loss. He got her to have an interest in ponding. He would question her about ponds and pond plants. He would "quiz" her on chat. If she didn't know the answer she would google for the answer! I don't know if he knew she was doing that or not! But he got her interested in ponding! I'm sure he would be pleased to know that.

Becky

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
My goodness, I'm floored.  I know I haven't been here much this summer, but I'm simply stunned.  Bless your heart, and your family.  He will be greatly missed.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2011, 06:33:56 PM »

I haven't been in here that much lately too...I'm so sorry for you're loss ..Scott will be missed by many in here.  :'(
(((HUGS))

bonnie

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
I am a little behind reading (due to a stupid hard-to-use new computer), and am shocked and saddened to read this.  Scott had such enthusiasm for his pond, and was so open about what was going on in his life, and loved to share his endeavors with us.

I am so sorry to hear this, and wish you and your family warm comfort at this time.

Offline -Greg-

• Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »
I have been absent here as well and am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Greg

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
Wonder how Sarah is doing.

Offline Michiponder

• Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
Very sorry to hear of scotts passing.  He was the first to welcom me into the chat room if my memory serves me right.  He was a great guy and a knowledgable ponder.  Always ready to share his knowledge too.  I will miss him.

Mikel

Offline ram

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »
He was the first to welcome me as well. I was a little shy at first, wasn't sure how if I would be excepted by many since I'm young and not quiet sure what I'm doing. He welcomed me and started correcting my spelling right away. He has helped me so much with ponding.

Offline ram

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 06:18:26 PM »
Ok, see what I mean? My mom pointed out a few errors I had there  ::)....I meant: I wasn't sure if I would be accepted by many since I'm young and not quite...etc.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"