Author Topic: pump output  (Read 765 times)

Offline 2vetts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
pump output
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:39:23 AM »
cleaned out the filter again this morning including pulling pump out and cleaning intake area on pump [ i do this at least once a week] . looking out the window at waterfall i told my wife that i wished pump was bigger . we decided it put out more water when it was new . i went back out and pulled pump again and realized how to take off the bottom [ only took 3 years ,duh!] . there was another grid which was at least half clogged so cleaned it and reassembled pump . i put it back in and plugged it in and the water flow was probably almost doubled . water fall looks MUCH better and i am pleased with the result [a rare occurrence for me] . just posted this hoping some one else with reduced water flow may benefit . . .peace

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: pump output
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
Don't ya love discoveries that turn out good!

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »
I check my pump intake at least twice a week.  Usually I can get any gunk out with my finger, without needing to unscrew the cover and open it up.

But now that my koi are separated from the plants, I get MUCH less gunk in the pump...have not had to clean it since I redid the pond two or three months ago. 

I bet you have extended the life of your pump, too, 'Vetts, because it is straining less, now that it's unclogged.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:45:04 PM »
Being lazy helps. If I had to do all that Id give it up! >:(-
I never chk my pump!  The priming pot need cleaning every 4 to 6 months. When the fall slow down it's signal  A signal I put off for weeks!

I am not being harsh with you guys, but it seems like a lot of work that could be overcome with an easier system.  Correct me if Im wrong.

I use a Skippy.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"