Author Topic: Please give Esther your support  (Read 3041 times)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Please give Esther your support
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:29:11 AM »
Our dear Queen of PVC has recently learned she will be yet another warrior in the battle against breast cancer.
She has started a facebook page titled Esther's Journey. I hope you will all send a message of support to one of our
most beloved members, who has always been there to help us with our ponds and so much more. She will be having surgery on
January 16th.

Thanks,
Kathy Biggs (Perplexed Ponder)
Kathy

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Please give Esther your support
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:37:09 AM »
 {:-P;; bump
Kathy

Offline ponderer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
Will do!

Offline Marie Fisher

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
Breast cancer,  or rather the treatment thereof, is rather insidious.  Says she who knows, as I
am a survivor,bilterally.  I wish nothing but very best for Esther,just sorry  she has to go through
this. 

Marie fisher

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:35:20 PM »
Awww, Thanks Kathy. You haven't heard the latest. Got a phone call telling me that the Friday MRI has revealed two more suspicious spots, one on the left and one on the right and each require a needle biopsy. What started out as a simple lumpectomy on an outpatient basis may turn into something more frightening. The surgery has to be rescheduled. Do we have a praying hands icon? Joking, don't run for the ax.

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:43 AM »
Esther all the best to you. Prayers coming your way. Keep us posted.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
I did see that post Esther. I'm keeping tabs on you Lady!!
Kathy

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »
When is the new surgery?

Will it be just a biopsy, or is there a chance they will take one or both breasts?

Offline Michiponder

• Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »
Sorry to hear of your health issues Esther.  Prayers are being said here for you.  Go after this agressively and with faith that God will take care of you.

Mikel

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:12:11 PM »
At this point, you know as much as I do. The double needle biopsy is scheduled for Monday the 23rd. Then the results might be in the end of the next day or the next. There is a team of people who evaluate the information and I don't know if I'll have to meet with the oncologist again or if she'll talk to me over the phone. My guess is that if both spots turn out to be positive, then a bilateral mastectomy will be done. My thinking is that if my body wants to make cancer in the breasts, then get 'em off. But I'll have to wait to see what the results are and what the professionals think.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
Esther, sending lots of prayers and positive healing thoughts your way!  Sounds like you are in good hands!  Hope the needle biopsy reveals some good news.

All the best!

Kuan

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
Prayers & hugs, Esther.  I will look for your page on Facebook.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:56:41 AM »
Esther I will say a couple of prayers for you today. gary

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Prayers going your way! o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
Both of the biopsies from Monday came back clear and negative.  :'(  And the heart echocardiogram showed no abnormalities. Still  :'(  The surgery is scheduled for February 9. Funny I didn't cry at the bad news but cried at the good news.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
Ok.  You crying because the news is great, right?  If I read this right it means you have a clean bill of health on this issue.  Did I get this right?  If so, I am so happy for you! o(:-)

Let us know here, for the non Facebook people, how successful your surgery is.  Nothing but fantastic cheer to you, dear Esther!

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
Yup, the recent news is great. So back to square one with a lumpectomy on February 9, starting with an injection of something radioactive which will show if the cancer has moved into the lymph area. They will know before they start whether they need to investigate there. The whole thing is done on an outpatient basis so that I like. Also, the location of this "thing" is at the top near the chest wall. The biopsy day and night was absolutely no problem at all as long as I kept my strap good and tight. I did take two Tylenol to sleep but just that once. Just saying that the location could be in worse places. ;)

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »
My mother was a breast cancer survivor. She was later a Lymph node cancer survivor. She decided to stop fighting at brain cancer.
I am in your court Esther.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 06:03:50 AM »
Thanks for clarifying, Esther, 'cause I was confused by the crying, too.  But I'm so glad to hear this is going so well, and that the surgery in February will be easy.

Good wishes coming your way.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 06:55:06 AM »
I also am very happy for you Esther and glad that you clarified your report.  I was confused by the crying, but I totally understand why now!!   @O@  Please keep us posted, dear one, we are all in your corner on your beating this nasty thing!! 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
I guess the crying came from relief and when I let down, I cried.

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 05:12:44 AM »
I wish you the best in February and thank God for the good news.

Cindy

Offline reptilegrrl

• Members
  • With us since: 04/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »
Awww, Thanks Kathy. You haven't heard the latest. Got a phone call telling me that the Friday MRI has revealed two more suspicious spots, one on the left and one on the right and each require a needle biopsy. What started out as a simple lumpectomy on an outpatient basis may turn into something more frightening. The surgery has to be rescheduled. Do we have a praying hands icon? Joking, don't run for the ax.

Esther, I see you've already had your needle biopsies, and I am so relieved that they are negative! But in cases of malignancy, needle biopsies are much more likely to lead to metastasis than are lumpectomies. Insist on lumpectomies for everything! If this happens again please refuse a needle biopsy, especially as you know you have cancer in your other breast.

I am rooting for you and wishing you the absolute best. May your recovery be swift! You caught this early and your odds are therefore very good.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:06:32 PM by reptilegrrl »
My pond is a turtle pond!

2006: ~135 gallons of water in a 150 gallon stock tank.
2012: ~250 gallons in a 330 gallon stock tank
2013: ~40 gallon in-ground wading pool for my box turtle

One RES, and a passel of gambusias.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 01:27:53 PM »
Now I'm confused. Why would one need a lumpectomy instead of a needle biopsy? I thought that was to determine whether the suspicious areas were malignant. Are you saying a person should have the suspicious material removed always? I'm having a hard enough time getting the insurance company to pay the oncologist, without them refusing to pay for surgeries that don't show malignant. Maybe I'm missing something here. Also, I'm surprised that my oncologist of 30 years didn't know/suggest this. Actually my thinking was, "take them both off". If they have a tendancy to form malignancies, then get rid of them. But my MD and the oncologist surgeon both advised against it.
I can see how pushing a needle/probe into malignant tissue and begin cutting, that some of that tissue could be loosened and that could encourage the cancer to move elsewhere. (But you understand, I know nothing but what I "think" I have been told by my MD who had breast cancer herself 7 years ago, and my oncologist.)  Are you aware of the Sentinal Lymph Node biopsy? It evidently is a rather recent injection that traces the cancers that have moved to the lymph area to make the surgeons more sure of where it has gone and if.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"