Author Topic: Esther's news  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Esther's news
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »
Seven months ago a mammogram discovered some abnormal tissue. A current one validated that something was wrong so a series of tests were performed indicating the abnormal tissue was malignant.

Thursday Dr. Malnik performed a lumpectomy and was surprised to learn the area was smaller than expected and the lymph area was not involved.

There has been little to no pain involved and I only used two pain pills and that was because the medical staff advised it.

There will be a follow up appointment the 21 and I will then be advised if further treatment will be necessary. If you do not hear further from me, there will be no other treatments. If there are required treatments, either Chemo, Radiation, or meds, I'll let you know.

Thanks to those who have prayed for me. God has given peace about this situation and at this point no complications seem to be involved. 

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Esther's news
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
Good news, and I'll continue praying for the best

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
Wow Esther!  What wonderful news!   @O@  A contained cancer that was removed and affected no other tissue!  Woo Hoo, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!   
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline reddad35

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:05:52 PM »
I LOVE your news. You are loved by many. Love helps all problems. You are blessed.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 12:16:51 PM »
Very Good News indeed!  Bless you Baby!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
 @O@ @O@ @O@

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
Whew...............what a relief.   Yippeeeeee!  @O@

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »
Very good news Esther.   @O@ @O@

emm

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
All my best to you! I trust all will be well.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:00 AM »
So glad to hear the good news, Esther.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Oceanbum

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »
What GREAT news, Esther!!  So glad to hear it!!! @O@   O0  @O@  O0  @O@  O0  @O@
Becky

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
Very GOOD news !

Offline cindy

• Members
  • With us since: 25/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »
Great news!  I am so happy for you!

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 05:58:21 AM »
Thanks for the update, Esther.  I was looking on Pond Chat - I'm glad I looked here.

Offline cindy

• Members
  • With us since: 25/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 08:59:30 AM »
 :)

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »
I think somebody did start something there but seeing this isn't really pond related, I let that go.

DARN it all anyway. I have to have a little more tissue taken out and they can't schedule me until March 15. GRRR. I just want to get this all over. Guess I should be grateful this is so minor.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »
Evidentally they do think it's minor, Esther, or they would certainly not let you wait until mid March.  I know the waiting is full of anxiety, but I'm glad they feel it's all under control and not serious.

Offline reddad35

• Members
  • With us since: 23/08/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:56 AM »
I know I do not post much but I do think of you daily. I know you want it to be done with. Think good thoughts about the wait.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
Maybe I used the wrong word. But I just mean, the end result of the tests and surgery could have been sooooo much worse. When I finally was able to get myself awake after the surgery, I had so little pain or need for pain meds, and just no inconvenience from the surgery. It has seemed minor compared to what I've seen others experience. I've only been in the hospital for babies, one 43 years ago,  a D & C 35 years ago, a baby at 37 years ago, and another baby and tubes tied 33 years ago. I can hardly remember them. Of course back then, having a baby was almost considered major. Now they boot you out in 24 hours some places.

We have a lady at our church who has some awful disease that is attacking her joints. She's had 38 surgeries and that doesn't count the complications that seem to occur often. I don't know if I could take that.

This tumor was very high on the breast near the chest wall so the surgery was not very invasive at all.

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. Does my heart good to hear the comments. When our pastor came a couple of hours before the surgery, he asked me how I was feeling. I said, "fine!" He says, "No, I mean emotionally. A little shakey, maybe?" I said, "I don't know if this is the answer to the prayers for peace that people have been talking about or the "good vibes" and thoughts being sent my way, but I do know an awful lot of people are thinking about this procedure today and praying for me. I was picturing God, up there, making hash marks on the wall and saying, "There's another prayer coming through for the PVC Queen." We all laughed.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
So awesome Esther!  When you asked for peace, you got it.  Unlike a lot of people, you don't keep taking your problem back and worrying it to death like you are going to make a difference in the outcome by stewing, stressing and worrying.  You gave it away and it was taken care of.  Prayers, good vibes, really....aren't they one in the same when you are sending them to a particular person?  I don't know, I'm just saying...

I swear I don't know why some people have such an awful time of it and some don't.  Do you think it's the luck of the draw?  Anyway, I'm so happy for your outcome.  Trust in what you believe.  You don't have to be right (whatever that may be), just do it with all your heart!  :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »
 Sure it enters my mind at times, that doubt stuff. But from long years of experience with my belief, I have found it to be true. My requests aren't always answered the way I'd want but we aren't promised we'll always get our way. We're only promised that He'll be there for us whenever. Good enough for me.

Another thing,,,and this is about me and my personality. I am not the type to stress and stew. When milk is spilled, there is a moment of "phooey" and then immediately grab a rag and start mopping. Then when it is cleaned up, I continue doing what I was doing when I spilled the milk. I don't very often go back and chew on what would have happened if I hadn't spilled the milk. And if it was the last of the milk, I get my shoes on and go to the store to get some more. So you see, I am fortunate to have been given that personality I guess. I figure I will do what I can to fix things and if it's beyond my capability, forget it and move on.

I once read an article written about illnesses, sickness, disease, and surgeries. The writer followed many people in a hospital setting and interviewed the patients about their "faith" and whether people were praying for them. This author determined that the outcome for the people who had praying friends was better than the ones who didn't. But again, who know if he was telling the truth? I just thought it was an interesting article.

On the human side, I can't help but think that the very fact that a person KNOWS that many folks are concerned about them has to be a positive thing in his/her mind. After all if that relaxes them and keeps the stress level down, it has to be better for the system, than the person who is without a support system,  scared to death and tense and stressed through the whole thing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:08:36 AM by Esther »

Offline mascot

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »
Glad to hear the news.  As always, worry and fear are human emotions and there's nothing wrong with having them; and it's especially nice when they are followed by one of the other human emotions: relief!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
 :) For sure made me smile.

Offline ponderer

• Members
  • With us since: 04/01/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
Glad for the good news! o(:-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"