Author Topic: Question for the commercial members, mostly.  (Read 677 times)

Offline Mike S.

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • PT Ponds
Question for the commercial members, mostly.
« on: April 02, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
Just heard from an old friend in S. Africa and now I'd like to know if anyone has any experience in exporting waterlilies? Most likely, I'd be selling thru his website and shipping direct to his customers in S. Africa, but I'm waiting to hear the details of what he actually has in mind.

I did do a little looking around on some .gov websites and was NOT encouraged by what I found. My first impression that it would be almost impossible to do this and still show any profit at all. Then again, that is what I thought when I first thought about selling waterlilies on-line here in the US, and of course, was WRONG about that.

So, anyone been involved in exporting waterlilies? Any help would be appreciated, either here on the Forum, by PM, or email, whatever you'd rather.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

Offline Mike S.

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • PT Ponds
Re: Question for the commercial members, mostly.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:04 AM »
I thought I should add to this, that I also told my friend that I would only be able to supply a very few plants this year, and that I should be able to refer him to others who might be interested and able to take part in his "experiment" on offering waterlilies from other than local sources to his customers. As of right now, he tells me that the only outside source being used by water garden shops in S. Africa is Israel.

Food for thought!

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"