Author Topic: Calling Craig Presnell!  (Read 830 times)

Offline LilithFair

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Calling Craig Presnell!
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »
Hi Craig,
I was wondering if you kow of a good source in FL for Anubias species?

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Craig Presnell!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
Hey Regina,

Besides me?<g>  I have a few types, but nothing real large.  I can't even tell you for sure which I have, but will look tomorrow. 

Other than me....do you know any tropical fish dealers?
Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline LilithFair

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »
I've seen the ones that they have at the aquarium store, was hoping to find something a bit more off beat.
Would you happen to be able to ID this one?? I got it as a trade, they said Anubias NOID. Its a large grower, doesn't want to be submerged. The leaves are between 6-8 inches long

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:29:08 PM »
Hello again Ms. Lilith,

I would have to say that the plant pictured most resembles Anubias barteri.

The thing with Anubias is that none are radically different enough to be construed as off beat, imo.  A. heterophylla and A. gigantea have hastate leaves, but due to all kinds of difficulties, I don't know of anyone importing much from West Africa any longer, so what you come across are mostly TC plants.  Coffeefolia has probably the nicest leaves, but doesn't get particularly large.  A. 'Frazeri' makes a nice large specimen plant.

Other thing is....realy none of the Anubius want to be submerged.  They are amphibious terrestrial  plants that can survive seasonal submersion, but growth is most rapid in the emerged state.  But obligate aquatics they are not.

The only ones I have on hand at the moment are A. 'Frazeri' and A. barteri var nana.

Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline LilithFair

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 04:33:35 AM »
Thank you for the info! When i asked at the aquarium store, the guy said, "Oh NO these HAVE to stay submerged!!!! They'll die if not submerged." Of course I knew at least ONE (the one I have LOL) that didn't want to be submerged!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"