Author Topic: For Horse Lovers, Amazing Dressage Video  (Read 1378 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
For Horse Lovers, Amazing Dressage Video
« on: February 06, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »
Fabulous Freestyle Dressage, this was the 2nd place finish at the 2006 World Equestrian Games, I'm no Dressage expert but I think it should have been first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw&mode=related&search=

Why oh Why can't we get more equestrian competitions on TV in the USA??????
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:11:31 PM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: For Horse Lovers, Amazing Dressage Video
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 06:03:53 PM »
OMG that brought tears to my eye...that horse LOVES what he does! o(:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:12:52 PM »
I cried too. I can't believe they didn't win but maybe Tammie, who knows about Dressage can explain it to me.

The winning video is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJGEzI3aIc&mode=related&search=
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:46:42 PM »
The only difference I could see, was that she was much 'smoother', less bouncing around in the saddle.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
Amazing. Such beauty, grace and skill. Thanks for sharing that Leeanne..

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 08:22:33 AM »
Beautiful.  I had no idea a horse could move like that!  Thank you.  emm

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 08:48:10 AM »
When it's done right it sure is pretty! 
I'm not a expert...but... I did see a few errors with the grey horse.  By the way I think that mare is incredible!  Let's see, on one of her piroetts (don't mind my spelling!) (piroetts are at the begining, where she looks like she's turning around in place)she didn't come straight out. The bend in one of her half passes was to straight (half pass is when the horse looks like they are going sideways instead of forward)  Her free walk was tight.  She missed her one tempys (look like the horse is skipping) I saw her anticipating the next movement, that's a no-no. Every movement has a score.  The whole idea with a "Kur" is that the music matches the movement of the horse.  I got to say the piaffe that mare does is fantastic!  It is a incredible hard movement for the horse to do!  You'll usually see maybe 6 or 8 strides, some forward stides in piaffe.  The amount of piaffe that mare did is outstanding!  It really wears the horse out.  Fantastic!
Now the black horse... movements were perfectly in time with the music.  He hit every movement.  No errors.  But in comparing the 2 horses I felt the black was "bland".  But only because the grey did such a difficult routine, and with such heart!  At 9 years old she has plenty of time to improve!  My daughter rides one level down- pre st. george.  The grey mare is riding at Grand Pre.
Tammie

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »
I think they all were totally amazing. Both the horse and the trainer + the rider. I just love horses but never was allowed to have one on the farm. They cost too much and didn't pay back, in my parent's estimation anyway. Anyway, we have seen the Lippazaners several times in Florida and also here in Grand Rapids. One thing that bothered me was seeing the saliva coming from some of their mouths. The announcer said not to think it was a bad sign but certain horses just did that. I couldn't help but think it came from the bit bothering them and I felt sorry for them. It just seems so unnatural for them and oooooh I don't know, I'd just rather see them running in the pasture.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 10:00:42 AM »
Esther, Horses don't preform well if they are in pain or being bothered by their bits. Especially difficult and precise manuvers like the Lippizanners do.  Drooling is fairly common and some bits actually encourage it as a moist mouth is more sensitive. Rubber and copper both encourage a horse to mouth the bit and/or drool.

Thanks Tammie, I don't know Dressage well enough to pick up the faults. I just knew that the grey mare's performance moved me to tears and repeat watchings and the winner didn't.

The fact that the grey mare is only 9 is amazing. That I knew. :) 
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »
Esther, the easiest way to explain the "drooling" is to say that the horse is "playing" with the bit, he's accepting the bit and is comfortable with it.  It's a good thing - for horse and rider.
Tammie 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"