Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1363 times)

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
Hello
« on: February 06, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »
Hello!

I'm so sorry to NOT be here, I miss this forum very much. I seem to be infected with some kind of horrible "process" that is taking up 100% of my CPU. It is called ssu.exe. I don't know what it is, Google searches are telling me it's a Spy Sweeper thing.

I can't browse the internet anymore, or even use my PC to do simple basic things (errr, like playing games , or reading   ?)(? :'()

I have been occasionally able to lurk, and wish you all the best. I hope to get this problem eliminated soon. Either that, or I'm tossing this piece of junk! &-).
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
You better get that fixed!!!  and Fast!!!!  Can you go buy some kinda spyware killer?   Someone here will know what to do . . .

Where is John In Florida? 

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:01:35 AM »
Hello Karen!!!

Can you still email?
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline JohnInFlorida

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Middleburg, FL ~ Zn 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 08:33:33 AM »
Hi Karen,

Based on what I read here ...

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/ssu/

... and in other places, ssu.exe should not be a problem in and of itself. But, based on the recommendation here, it won't hurt to click "end process" to stop it and see the result. At that point, let us know what's happened once you shut it down and we'll go from there.

Keep Smilin'  :)
John
"Life is hard;
It's harder if you're stupid."
                                    John Wayne

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 08:52:24 AM »
We had the same problem about a year ago.  We gave up and took it into a computer shop.  They cleaned it up and loaded Trend Micro Pc-cillin onto it.  It runs like a new one and we have never had a problem since.  It only cost $50 and the price of the program.  Hope you get things going again! :)
Karen

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:38:16 AM »
PC problems are a pain...... especially if one is ignorant about pc's as I am....  I've used Trend's PC-cillin for several years now and I am quite happy with it.  In fact I renewed my subscription yesterday as it had expired.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »
Teresa, I'm working on it! I do have Spyware stuff- Spysweeper, Pest Patrol, and Ad-Aware.

Jessica, yes- I can still email, but since I stopped using Outlook Express, I now use web based mail and this problem makes it very slow.

John, Yes. In order to surf at all, I've been keeping the Task Manager open... and every time I freeze up, I click on ssu.exe and end the process. Trouble is, I have to do that every 12-20 seconds.  >:(- Talk about aggravating!

I just discovered that if I shut down Spysweeper, the problem stops. But I feel so vulnerable!  :D
A-Ha: We recently renewed/upgraded the Spysweeper- and that's when the problems started.

Karen & Mikey, Hummm! I will definitely check it out. I am not happy with Spysweeper anymore.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »
Hi Karen..... I've missed you!

Hope that you staying warm!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"