Author Topic: So tell me . . .  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
So tell me . . .
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
just how angry I should be . . . I really need opinions.

DD#1 is having a Magic Party for her birthdays . . . it's what her crowd is into.  She's the only girl in this group that's into the Magic game, and that's caused some hurt feelings in the past.  A couple of the boy's moms, who don't know her and don't understand that she's just 'one of the guys' and a friend, not girlfriend, have left her off the guestlist for their parties.  Most of the mom's have invited her, she's gone to the parties and everyone had a great time. 

So we mailed her invites last Wednesday and people got them Friday and Saturday.  We get a call on Saturday afternoon (after the mail arrives) from a mom who lives just down the street.  Her son would love to come to the party, oh and by the way, she's invited to his party the next day at noon. 

We never got an invitation to this party of his except this phone invite at the very last minute.  I don't think we would have even gotten that if they hadn't gotten our invitation.  I HAVE discussed how she'd been left out of parties with this mom, so she knew that it would cause hurt feelings and that DD didn't mind being the only girl.

So fine, that kid is one that I'm not fond of anyway.  He's the same kid who broke the seat belt in my car, my daughter's lap top and the front closure under the dash of my car.  His parents were obnoxious about it and so we stopped carpooling. 

Today, she's called me 4 times.  First time she just asked me to call her.  Second time she gave me her cell # and asked me to call it.  Third time she asked for a list of the kids coming to the party so she could offer rides to the kids.  This woman lives 1/2 a mile from me and the next closest kid is 4 miles away - the rest are farther away than that and off in several directions, so I know that was BS.  The last time was just a few minutes ago and she didn't leave a message.

I dunno what she wants, but I'm pretty ticked off. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 04:54:58 PM by Teresa »

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: So tell me . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 06:01:02 PM »
EEEK!

She is almost stalking you at this point. :o

I can't stand those type of women.
I would just ignore her, say you decided at the last minute to keep the party all girls.
Or are there other boys invited? ?)(?
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 06:11:58 PM »
I don't know Teresa....whether to be mad or scared.  This chick just sounds frickin' weird.   :o      I think I would just slowwwwwly back away.......

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 07:35:58 AM »
What I think she wants is to 'explain' why we didn't get an invite to her son's party.  I don't care what her excuse is, she did permanent damage to their friendship already and I can think of absolutely no excuse that will or should change that.  I don't want to hear her lame excuses and I don't want to be her buddy.  I'm hoping that DD will find some new friends this year and drop some of the old ones . . . . she now has all of high school to pick from and most of her classes will include kids from higher grades.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"