Author Topic: There was a bright light  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
There was a bright light
« on: February 07, 2007, 06:20:50 PM »
today outside and I wondered what it was. OH YAH!! Now I remember. The sun was shining.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: There was a bright light
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
 :o WOW :o, look at all that snow.  We also got a little sunshine today too.  It made it look warmer any way.  Good illusion. 

Yesterday they dismissed schools an hour early due to snow.  My daughter is on the bus for almost  an hour. Normally her dad picks her up on the way home from work, that cuts nearly 45 minutes of it.  She has to get off one school bus and onto another, because its not her home school.  Well, it was snowing at the time.  Schools sidewalks were just getting good and white.  By the time I got back home, it had stopped snowing and never got another flake.  I don't understand the school system, 2 days last week it was worse than yesterday in the morning.  One day there was a 2 hour delay, the next day it was exactly like the morning before.  Snowing during rush hour and some on the roads and there wasn't a delay, go figure. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Esther that is beautiful. Ours is just dirty snow now except out in yards. In town and along the roads it looks terriable. Giant piles of dirty snow everywhere. I sure hope we have seen the last of it now, or at least the worst of it.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:51:31 AM »
Maybe the school system knows it's drivers aren't used to driving in the slippery conditions and won't run the risk of someone being  hurt. Around here, it's too cold for the salt/chloride to melt the ice and packed snow, but they do spread sand, so it can be pretty slippery if you aren't behaving. But as long as it isn't blizzarding which it did on the weekend, schools still are operating.

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 05:52:13 AM »
That was a beautiful site today Esther.   o(:-)
I was blinded up in my office yesterday though with the sun reflecting off all the snow.  I finally decided to put the dogs out in the outdoor kennel today.  Up until today I gated them in the landing as it was just too cold for them to be out.  (I think we need a little freezing smiley face guy)
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 08:29:20 AM »
If you walk out that door doesn't all the snow fall down on you?  How do you walk thru that!?  And poor Smokey! The snow looks deep enough that he'd disappear!  How does he get outside to do his duties? 
I'm complaining cuz it's been in the low 60's... 
Tammie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"