Author Topic: This springs projects and plans/ plants your looking for... cant wait to see...  (Read 4661 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Happy I had veggie filter running until about 2 weeks ago and it got to cold. If you drain the water out it will be okay.
Do I need to transfer all the plants to the big pond??? Sorry Vicki, I'm just so new to all this waterplant stuff.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline dennis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ok first major project of spring is to extend the deck out and have it overhang edge of pond with a bench that you can dangle your feet in water and feed the fish.. Then more plants and more plants..you get the point.... ;)
Dennis
Graham Wa..... Ponding is addictive....

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Will we get pictures Dennis? (please?)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
Yes you need to transfer plants before pond gets frozen. I have so many sometimes I leave them if they die I have more.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Vickie, that is one of the best "preform" ponds I've ever seen. Wonderfull landscaping.

We need to finish last year's projects. The greenhouse needs work and we never finished the bubble columns.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
I hope to work on hiding the biofilter at the back of my waterfall and tweaking the waterfall itself. It was redone last fall just before the weather turned cold and I had to stop playing with it. Can't wait :)
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I hope to work on hiding the biofilter at the back of my waterfall and tweaking the waterfall itself. It was redone last fall just before the weather turned cold and I had to stop playing with it. Can't wait :)
Oh ya, I have to do that to. I had it mostly hid and a deer knocked most the rocks away! &-) :swear: :whip:
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
here is one of my liner ponds

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
Vikie, that is just beautiful! ya know I have a smaller oval stock tank. I'll bet I could throw a liner in that and make a plant pond? It the galvanized steel but has holes in it. maybe 35-40 gals?
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
Happy my round one was a stock tank with holes in it. I put carpet in bottom of tank and lined it. It has done well.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
I'm thinking I should bury it or at least part way to help insolate it? What do ya think? Other wise I have to lay rocks or bricks or something to  make it look better!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
Mine is buried to a little above ground level then bricks around it.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
    @O@  Oh thank You Vikie for giving me such a good idea! I hope you don't mind my copy catting you? :-\ Humm I need to go find some liner on sale now. I have a little left over but not that much. I still want to do the veggie filter above my pond using an old iron hand pump with a hose in it for my intake, and small falls down to the pond. I have high banks so it will work good. Just have to figure pump size. I have to go back to the diagrams of veggie filters to figure out all them pipes in the bottom?  :woot:
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
No I don't mind you coping anything I do. My Husband put a hose from pump in pond and hooked it to the veggie filter then made a spout out of a round pipe that the water flows into the pond. My plants like water iris and water celery are put in mesh waste  baskets ( with no soil) from dollar general that cost a dollar. My canna and Umbrella plant are in pots and water hyicent floats.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
Oh Vikie, this is too funny.  lol  I saved plastic collenders I get from yard sales and waist baskets like that. I have many plants in them but I didn't want to sound to funkey or stupid so I don't mention them.LOL  :teehee:   I don't use any soil either. I use the Microb Lift plant media or just plain small gravel.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
I need to repot all my lilies.  We're still on water restriction so I am gonna limit what I plant this summer.  Here is a pic of my above ground stock tanks.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Vickie, that pond is gorgeous too. Sue, nice stock tank planting too.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
wow.. its is all beautiful!  I have so enjoyed reading this thread.. well almost. reminds me of things I have to do that I didnt think of... and makes me want more ponds. which I dont need!

tinkster

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
  I am planning to build one or more lily/lotus ponds.  This forum looked to have some people with alot of plant knowledge so thought I could get some good opinions and thoughts.  I do not want to over power our existing pond which is about 24'x 11' at the narrowest.  I posted a picture of that pond on a thread I started ( Hi, I'm new here )  The lily pond will be near this pond with a stream area that looks connected but isn't, I don't want to deal with seaming, I also want to do a bridge over the stream, not sure wood or stone.  So any input in best liked lilies, size depth etc. would be appreciated.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
I think I'll send DH over to the neigbhors house to get my 90 gallon preformed back. They were going to put it at the church over 2 years ago and never did. They have one just like it so it shouldn't be missed after all it is standing up against their shed. I could start some lily's in it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"