Author Topic: A terrible thing!  (Read 2386 times)

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A terrible thing!
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
So, I know I haven't been on here forever (mostly after Scott passed away, missed our chats), just wanted all to know that I may probably wont be doing any ponding for a long time. My boyfriend/ fiancé of 13 years passed away Sat. Nov. 3. Very tragic. I will be moving back up north from Alabama to Minnesota, really not ready for the cold weather and will miss my home, but I can't live there anymore (too many memories and and not enough close family) on the good side (I have to look at it that way) I will be living with my oldest daughter and her husband and my 1st grand baby due around Thanksgiving ( I will miss birth :() I am in MN right now and heading home Wednesday to take care of things. I was out of state when he passed away for youngest daughters wedding, and couldn't travel last week!

Just wanted everyone to know that I love ponding and it will be so hard, leaving my ponds and all my plants behind!

God bless u all and I can't wait for winter to be over!  Hopefully I will feel like starting over!

Tonya

Really miss talking to Joy (Tinkster, Sue, Vickie and all the others, having a terrible time thinking right now!)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: A terrible thing!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
So sorry for your loss. Stay in touch ponding or not.  I am sure many would enjoy talking to you.

Cheers
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 03:05:34 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss. Take care of yourself.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »
Tonya, this is just awful news.  I'm sorry for your loss.  Please stay connected here, it doesn't matter to us if you have a pond or not.  Ponding can just be a 'state of mind' until you are ready to begin again.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.. :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:50:01 AM »
I've missed you here too!  I'm very sorry you've lost your dear fiance.  We have a great support system here as it has been proven in the past.  Hang in there.  You're in my prayers.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
My condolences for the loss of your fiancé.   I'm glad you have family to to help through these troubling times.  Remember you have family here also.  Take Care - Mike

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
Sorry for your loss. It must have been awful. Hope the move goes well and the new digs work out.

A lot of us keep better contact on Facebook than here. We have a "page" for Watergardening and Koi people where you could still get your pond needs met. Plus there you can keep in contact with anybody on Facebook. I love it there.

Offline wolfmom

• Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 07:17:23 AM »
I also haven't been on here forever. You are in my thoughts and prayers, so sorry for your loss. May time be good to you and help you remember all the good times together.

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
I really thank you all for all your kind words and how supportive you have all been, it means a lot to me! I just got home late last night and my dear neighbor, bless his heart was here to sit with me and help me through the first night back! We have been busy all day packing up my things to get ready for the move.  I really hate to go as we have become very close in the little over two years we have lived here! My 71 year old neighbor brought me over some food today (her husband mowed my lawn yesterday, he's 72 and never stops) we reminisced, cried, and had all kinds of emotions, she has lived across the street for 41 years and said she knows us better then any of her next door neighbors and hates to see me go and misses Ricky (that's what she calls him, his name is Richard) so much! I will miss her greatly!

Well I could go on but I'm exhausted and still have a few things to do before I can get some rest as my brother in law will be here the day after thanksgiving to make the long drive back to MN. I have a million things to do and no time and having trouble keeping my thoughts straight. My kids want me back up there near them as soon as possible and I need them too right now!

I will try to keep in touch but I will be busy taking care of my first granddaughter and that's good as it helps keep my mind occupied!

Thank you all again!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
Grandchildren can and do heal a broken heart.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
I am so sorry for you.  Please do check in when you can to let us know how you are.  It's good to know that you have family that needs you.  What would we do without family.  When you hold that grandbaby you will feel such a warm, calming feeling.........like nothing in the world.  I have a sick Mom I am caring for, but always try to schedule my Tuesdays to spend with my first grandchild.  It's my day to "de-stress".

Take care of yourself.

o(:-) Karen

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:31 PM »
Tonya, please keep in touch, and post pics of that grandbaby that may have been born last week :) Good luck in your new endeavers, and may God bless you and comfort you. Much happiness lies ahead with children and grandchildren,

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »
Thanks for all your kind thoughts! My grand baby was born last Tuesday and was 6 lbs 7 OZs and 18 inches long and lots of dark hair. I made it back to MN Sunday evening and she is so adorable! Her name is Ezrie Marie Wheeler and has two proud and wonderful parents, she is spoiled already! Helping take my mind off of things as much as possible. Soon as I can remember how to post pics I will, they are adorable!

Things have been really hectic last few weeks and packing up my house and getting ready to put on market put a toll on me, but I will make it through as always!

Will write more soon!

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
Tonya I am so sorry I just found this. May God be with you at this terrible time. Please let us know how your doing. Congrats on your grandbaby.
 Vickie

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
Thanks Vickie, that means a lot to me! It's been hard but I'm dealing, all I can do!  At least I have my daughters and my new grandbaby, they are helping soon much! Wish I could figure out how to post a pic again!

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 12:22:38 PM »
Maybe this will help.  It was originally posted by Timgod in the tutorials section.  Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new grandbaby.

If it is on the net then do the following. You will not be saving the picture. You will just put a link to where it is located on the net. To do that, follow these steps...
1. Find the picture you want to put on the forum.
2. Right click the photo.
3. Select properties in the options box that pops up.
4. Select the address:URL and copy the location information...it will look like this... http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/1600758896198080_2.jpg
5. Come to your reply in the forum. Click the insert image button below the button for Bold text under the subject and Message Icon headings at the top of the message. The button looks like this.
6. After you click the insert image button it will automatically be blinking your cursor between the img tags.
7. Paste the link address to the pic you want to post.
8. It will appear in that spot in your message. You can hit the preview button below to test the picture is working before posting.

If it is on your computer, then you must first be able to find the picture with windows explorer. Once you know where it is on your hard drive it is very easy. Follow these steps...
1. Start your reply or posting for the forum.
2. Look below the text box where you type your reply. See the Blue "+ Additional Options..." text. Click the plus sign.
3. It opens an additional options menu. Click the browse button. That will open a window to browse your hard drive and find the picture you wish to post. It will usually open to the last place you saved something. It will not always open to the same spot so you need to be comfortable with searching your hard drive.
4. Once you find the picture, click on it to select it. Click open if necessary. If you preview it at this point, it will not show because when you finish with your post it will then upload the file from your computer.
5. If you wish to add more than one picture, click the blue (more attachments) to the right of the browse button and find them the way you found the first.
6. Pay close attention to the fact that you can only post up to 4 attachments in one post or reply. Also make sure they are 200 Kb or less in size each. If either of these rules are violated the forum will automatically block your pictures.
By uploading from your computer, your images will be below your text. If you have the need to put up more than 4 pictures, just post another reply and add them in that reply.

Tim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"