Author Topic: Great site!  (Read 1385 times)

Offline choicecopyguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Great site!
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »
Just signed up a couple of days ago, and WOW! I've been planning all winter the upgrade of my small (200gal) pond to one a bit larger (2000gal). After reading and seeing all the great ponds here, I'm gonna hafta start back from square one. This is a Great site. @O@

Mark

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: Great site!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »
Welcome Mark,

Glad you have found us!

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »
Hi Mark, I'm sure you have come to the right place for help. (8:-) These people are great! ;D
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »
Mark you show excellent taste! O0 O0 @O@ @O@
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 04:35:08 PM »
I had the same reaction  O0 glad you found your way here!!
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

GAJen

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »
Welcome aboard Mark.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:22 PM »
Mark, welcome. I can already see you are one smart guy. I say that because I started reading the forum in the winter before I started my first pond and learned so much before I actually began to dig. You will be absorbing information already from the ponders in the warm climates. Dig around on all the subforums and you'll see some tutorials that might help too. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Somebody here will have the answer. We all asked the same questions when we were new too. 

My pond started out as a tiny preform and was in the ground about two weeks when I realized it was too small. Then we dug another one that was maybe 4' X 6' X 18" deep. That lasted the rest of the summer and the next one. Then DH brought home a Kubota digger and made me a larger one and it is about the size you are contemplating. I like that size because it is easy to handle for an old lady like me. LoL.  We did put a little addition on last summer but they are not attached. It is for mini and baby water lilies.

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 03:57:33 PM »
Nice to see another member! :welcome:
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline jatfla

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 08:20:39 PM »
This place has been wonderful for me too.  I've learned about all the things I did wrong.

But oh well.....I fixed some of the things.  O0  Mostly I wish I had had the know-how to do.... I think it's called a bottom drain.  I'm getting too old to crawl out on this board, pull up the filter box, change the batting, lug it back and lower it.  And when it rains a LOT, rush out and empty the pond to prevent overflowing.  You Got To Remember To Set The Timer!   >:(

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »
Welcome Mark.....you'll love it here.   @O@

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 05:03:32 PM »
Welcome and glad you found us.. well them for info as I have none and did everything possible wrong from the start so you will be glad in the end.. I will be fighting the errors till I give in and do a major redo :)

tinkster

Offline choicecopyguy

• Members
  • With us since: 11/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 07:16:05 PM »
Thanks for all the great welcomes. @O@  First good day of weather here. @O@ @O@ Got home from work, went out to the pergola, and built a fire. Had a great evening talking about what we will do this spring. Hope to start on the new pond on Sat. if the weather will hold.

Mark

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"