Author Topic: Spring is here! Pond cleaned out!  (Read 934 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Spring is here! Pond cleaned out!
« on: April 08, 2013, 07:59:58 AM »
Finally got the pond cleaned out! Leak fixed! Used 2 cans of Flex Seal on the granet blocks under the waterfall!! Hated to have to cover the blocks, they are so pretty, but was losing over an inch of water a day!
I have most plants in the upper pond and will be moving them into main pond area as I see how they are growing!! Fish I have in the tank in the house will go in when we get 70' water temps!!

Lori TX

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
Re: Spring is here! Pond cleaned out!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 01:12:40 PM »
Very nice LoriTx.  It is getting warmer here in KS as well.  I was just pondering when to "open" the pond.  May be by mid April.  Some of the pond plants in my basement are starting to spring alive so it is definitely a good sign that Spring is here!  O0  @O@

Kuan

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »
Happy Spring to you, Lori!  Great design to your water flow.  An idea I'm trying to work into my pond too.  Your fishies will be very happy.

Offline Loritx

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
The 3 LARGE pots of Black Iris are really jumping the pots this spring! I plan on keeping the pot that blooms the best to divide for next year and put the rest on Craigs List! It just grows too Fast!
My one and only Water Lily really needs repotted its been 3 yrs.

Everything was neglected last year! I had back surgery- I finally feel well enough to do anything that don't require heavy lifting! I did the entire cleanout myself, with my husband lifting the plants out for me! It was a mess, but the Wet Vac got all the leaves out!!

So far water level is still good!!! Flex Seal worked!! Of course I did notice they sell Flex Seal in White now- Wish I would have ordered it in the white! But Lowes carries the Black!
Lori TX

Offline Loritx

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »
I love It going past the Side of my Sunroom!! Open the doors for air and get all the flowing water sounds!! o(:-) o(
Lori TX

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »
Very nice.

We have another cold front headed for the Texas panhandle.  Suppose to be down to 25* before midnight Tuesday with a high of low 40's with possible rain Wednesday.  Hopefully it will be our last killing frost since the tulips and peach trees are now blooming  :'(  I'm ready for warm mornings.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
Looking good.  Your iris are definitely happy  ;)
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Loritx

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »
The Iris went crazy over winter - Really didn't get cold enough to stop it! I just leave the pots in the water all winter. I am sure with all that "Leaf Soup" in the pond all winter it was fed well!! {:-P;;
Lori TX

Offline Pam

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Baby Doll lotus
  • With us since: 15/11/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
I love that it is right outside of your sunroom! All weather viewing  ;)
Pam

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"