Author Topic: Turtlemike's waterlilies are for sale !  (Read 4897 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Turtlemike's waterlilies are for sale !
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
 Here is what you have been waiting for American Ponders !

I have Joined forces with my Sister Susan and her husband Daniel in Florida and formed Turtle Island Waterlilies.  We have 10 varieties of my hardy hybrids for sale this year and more on the way as soon as I can name and register them.  Most of our exclusive hybrids are available in only very limited quantities this year and we can only offer a few of each variety since we need most of them for multiplication. This is your chance to get them a year ahead of everyone else.

We will be adding many new varieties each year as soon as we get sufficient quantities in stock.

We have dozens of new and exclusive patented hardy blue and purple waterlilies in all shades coming soon and hope to start selling one or more varieties in 2014. They are just what we have all been waiting so long for and now they are here ! The wait is almost over and there will be a huge selection of not only hardy X tropical hardy blue and purple waterlilies, but an enormous selection of other colors not seen before in even tropical waterlilies much less hardies. We have hundreds of new proven hardy waterlily hybrids in colors and flower forms never seen before on Earth and they can be seen in your pond in the near future from Turtle Island Waterlilies.  Imagine the sight and scent of tropical waterliliy flowers in your watergarden growing profusely from perfectly hardy medium size plants with a controlled growth habit that requires very little maintenance and no over-wintering in a greenhouse !  Absolutely hardy, blue, purple, red, yellow, pink, sunset, white. florescent pink and red, and all shades in between including white petal bases and other two toned color combos as well as multy color combos including red, white and blue. Add to that hardy waterlilies that start out VERY dark purple and turn lilac pink by the third day. Or start out dark navy blue and lighten to light blue on the third day. And if that weren't enough how would you like waking up at the crack of dawn and looking out into the dim light and see it fully open in the dim morning fog. Then when you come home from work it is still open and stays open after sunset !
  BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE !  Imagine further that your purple hardy waterlily not only opens before dawn and closes after dark starting in August and September, but that by mid to late September it stays fully open with great color 24 hours a day and the flower's life span increases to 4, 6, 8, 10, up to 12 days and nights !
  But wait ! There's more still !  You say "How can there possibly be more !  Ahhh, but there is more ! Imagine that your waterlily blooms like I describe until Thanksgiving in zone 6 ! More than a month and a half longer bloom season than any other waterlily in your climate ! Hardy or tropical !
 Waterlilies like this can be had soon, but only from Turtle Island Waterlilies !

BUT WAIT !!    Wait for it !!!   THERE'S MORE !!!  Imagine, that even with all of that, it is just the beginning of what we have planned and will achieve here at Turtle Island in the future. You can rest assured that Turtle Mike Giles is hard at work on the next great thing. And what is that ? you say..... you will have to wait and find out. 

In the meantime you remember that I told you APers that you would be first to know when I started selling my waterlilies and that I would give you a special deal.  Well here we are and here is your special deal.

Here is your coupon with a code that you can enter on my website turtleislandwaterlilies.com  and we will give all American Ponders members 20 percent off of our admittedly high prices and hopefully enable you to be able to afford at least one of your favorites.

I can't remember how the code works but if you have a problem contact one of us.  I don't know how my own website works, but that's the way it should be.  I'm a breeder not a web person.

Mike.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
Re: Turtlemike's waterlilies are for sale !
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Great deal Mike!
Thank you for the special consideration to the membership. As we all know, American Ponders is known at the Waterlily fanciers forum!

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline SueSTx

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »
I ordered one of Mike's Just Too Beautiful collections.  They arrived in excellent condition and I just can't wait for my first Turtle Mike blooms in my tanks.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »
I'm back and ready to order!!!!  Too Pretty sounds fantastic, Sue!  Thank you Turtle Mike!!

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »
 8)  Doggone... I missed the coupon!!!   Turtlemike's two waterlilies arrived in great condition and I immediately potted them up and they are looking good in the pond...  Mayla and Joey Tomicik!!!

Dave

Offline SueSTx

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
I missed the coupon too Dave.  Oh well, maybe I won't feel so guilty if I decide to splurge later and get Fairy Skirts after all.

My lilies are putting up new pads already.

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
Yippy! Thats great Mike, thanks for the AP discount! Thinking of ordering from your Just Too Pretty collection, but wating to see pics. Discount says until June 7th, so maybe we'll see pics before then (grin).
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 10:13:51 AM »

The coupon is still good through June 7. 

If you want to order the Just To Pretty collection and you want to wait until I can show you pictures so you can choose but you are concerned that the coupon will expire before I have pictures, don't worry. Just place your order now and we will wait to dig and ship until you have made your selection.

Everything should be blooming before then but just in case you might be concerned.......

Mike.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 02:46:37 PM »
I am ordering now!!!  Too Pretty and Moon Dance!  AND we get to choose for Too Pretty!?! And Discount!?!  You are too good to us!!!  Thank you Mike...I can't wait!

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »
 Apparently there was some kind of glitch with the coupon and the code wouldn't work.

The problem has been fixed and the coupon is still good.

Thank you Annette for letting us know about the problem. I'm digging your lilies tomorrow or Sunday and will ship them Monday or Tuesday unless you want to wait until I can show you pictures ?

Let me know. There are a couple JTPs blooming now.

Mike.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »

Here are 3 Just To Pretty waterlilies that are blooming now. These pix were taken today and they are first flowers of the year for these plants. I probably have old pix of  them later in the year too if anybody is interested. They are available.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 02:45:06 PM »
I can wait for pictures!  Like shopping in a candy store!!!  Thank you Mike!

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »
OK your order is on hold until you can make your choice.

I'll post pix as JTP plants bloom.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
I'm excited for the waterlilies and have time to do some pond work in the next 2 weeks.  Instead of waiting, would I be able to request pinker blooms if you know where they are in your pond?  I'm interested in more colored pinks (less faded like the ones in your photos above) to deep pinks which can do more shade than sun.   Of course only if possible...no need to go out of your way.  I'm sure all your waterlilies will look gorgeous...if they like my pond that is!  :D  Thanks again, Mike!

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 04:03:58 AM »
Mike, if you run across any miniature/dwarfs in deep colors you are willing to part with give me a holler.  Thank you for offering the discount.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 11:45:42 AM »

Hi Annette.

Been to busy to check Ap.

Things are blooming now. Give me another day or two and I'll post pix of ones you might like.

The mini-dwarfs will take a while Kat.  I'll work on it though.

Mike.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 12:26:38 PM »
Thanks Mike.  No rush as my wish list is bigger than my dinky ponds  ;)
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
Thank you Mike!    :){:-P;;

Offline Amsterdam

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 07:25:15 AM »
Hello,

I just want to let everyone know that some of Mikes' waterlilies can not be resold/traded or bred. I bought Haunting Beauty and noticed on the packing slip it said do not propagate. I sent an e-mail to clarify and was told that I can not do any of the above with it. I do however want to say that the person who does his customer service (I think his sister) has been Amazing. She has been very helpful and polite.  I have been offered lilies for the issue or I can return it for a refund. So please send them an e-mail if you are thinking about an exclusive lily just to check (I haven't checked website to see if it's been updated). Otherwise the lilies came in great shape and the shipping was speedy.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »

Hi Amsterdam.

Yes Susan is my sister and without her I wouldn't have a website or be selling my lilies anytime soon.
We are beginning the patenting process on my exclusive waterlilies and that is why we can't let anybody sell or trade them. It's fine to fill your own ponds with them and divide them as much as you want for your own use. Technically a patent says that a person can't multiply a patented plant for their own use but I think that's ridiculous and we will never enforce something like that. A patent does not prevent you from using a patented plant for breeding. You will however find the vast majority of my varieties to be infertile. I wish they weren't.  The statement about them not to be used for breeding was a mistake.

Now with that said I would add that in the future we will probably have other retailers besides ourselves selling certain of our exclusive waterlilies under contract and if you want to sell some all you have to do is ask.

Mike.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
OK here we go.

I figure it would be best if I show you "Just to pretty" people the Just to pretty collection plants that I have available one at a time with description.  That way you can tell me that you want certain plants and I'll dig them for you. These are the best that I'm willing to part with so get them now before I change my mind.

This one you can call Spiky Pink. It is a smaller plant with very pointy narrow petals that point upwards. Has good color and seems to hold it's color well.  I like it.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 02:01:50 PM »
Just to pretty collection. Maylapop.

This one is a small-medium size Mayla seedling that I have liked because of its slow growth and beautiful wide petal flower with a great simple shape. this is a good Odorata type for someone that doesn't have a lot of room. Good bloomer. Sorry this is all of the pix I have of it. I'll try to get better ones.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
Just to pretty collection.  Maylater.

I call it Maylater because it stayed open late when it was young. I don't know if it still does but it is a fine plant.
It is a small-medium size mayla seedling that grows slowly and would be good for smaller ponds. It seems to have a very slow growing root. I like it's different shape frosted inner petals.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »

Just to pretty collection.  Paisley number one.

Medium size plant. Blooms like crazy. Great waterlily.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »

Just too pretty collection.  Petalup.

Great pink and yellow with long upright inner petals.

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »
 Just too pretty collection.

Bonnie.  A favorite of Bonnie Brammer.

Big plant that will probably adapt somewhat to a smaller pot. Giant flowers when grown big in a big pot or mud pond. Lots of petals and a great bloomer. Get it now before it's gone.

Just too pretty collection plants CAN be sold or traded. I relinquish control of them.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
Thank you for the drool proof photos!  I can't remember how many to choose for Too Pretty Collection!!
Are any of these Shade tolerant? 
I like any of the following:
Spiky Pink
Paisley number one
Petalup
Bonnie.

Thank you, Mike!  Can't wait to get your lilies into my pond :-)

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »

The JTP collection is 4 plants.

Spiky pink grows in half day shade and it does good.  The other 3 are in full sun but closely related plants to all three grow in half day shade with no apparent difference in blooming. I think that they will do as good as any waterlily that has a reputation for good performance in partial shade.

I'll dig them tomorrow. I'll let you know when I ship them.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »
Thank you Mike!!!  Oh Boy!!!  @O@ :clap:

Offline turtlemike

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »

I hope to ship them tomorrow Annette.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"