Author Topic: Foam  (Read 950 times)

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Foam
« on: June 22, 2013, 04:04:01 PM »
When purchasing foam is there a difference with landscapers foam that claims on the can,that it can be used in ponds to the foam with the names of big pond companies that claims it for just ponds.Because the landscapers foam.i have seen comes in bigger cans and lot cheaper.Also when you see the pro's using a foaming gun,is it just the regular cans or are there cans made just for the guns.What is a decent gun that you guys use.THANKS

Offline howardTheHumble

• Members
  • With us since: 30/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • HowardTheHumble's Aquatic Pages
Re: Foam
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:42:52 AM »
People have been using great-stuff foam on ponds.  I am not sure but I think it is all just polyurethane.  Pond stuff is colored black but algae soon hides the other.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:56 AM »
When purchasing foam is there a difference with landscapers foam that claims on the can,that it can be used in ponds to the foam with the names of big pond companies that claims it for just ponds.Because the landscapers foam.i have seen comes in bigger cans and lot cheaper.Also when you see the pro's using a foaming gun,is it just the regular cans or are there cans made just for the guns.What is a decent gun that you guys use.THANKS

Once cured it all becomes non toxic.
*TIP* You can toss some sand on it as it is expanding and it will stick and hide the color of the foam.
I have a can in front of me that states it is sandable, paintable and stainable. Water resistant for indoor and outdoor use.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »
Just remember there are different Polyurethanes (virtually 1000s)  that have better water resistance than Great Stuff.  However, in my limited experience Great Stuff is sufficient, i.e. is good enough to redirect water spray, etc.

Offline elim

• Members
  • With us since: 05/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:19:07 PM »
Thanks for some replies.See that's what been wondering cause you can go to places like Home depot or Lowes for a can of landscapers foam for about 10 bucks or I have seen at pond sections of nursery's with foam from names like the big companies aquascape or Laguna and others for 17 bucks or more for smaller cans are they worth the extra dollars.Will these cans fit the guns lot of pro's using for foaming.THANKS

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
Thanks for some replies.See that's what been wondering cause you can go to places like Home depot or Lowes for a can of landscapers foam for about 10 bucks or I have seen at pond sections of nursery's with foam from names like the big companies aquascape or Laguna and others for 17 bucks or more for smaller cans are they worth the extra dollars.Will these cans fit the guns lot of pro's using for foaming.THANKS
You shouldn't need a gun as they come with their own spray attachment.
See photo of mine.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"