Author Topic: Ordered parts from Marine Depot this is the shipping email I got.  (Read 897 times)

Offline NanWest

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • Looking for pond plants and a Husband! ASAP
  • With us since: 21/06/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile

(Ordered parts from Marine Depot) and this is the shipping email I got

Good news, NANCY!

Your aquarium supplies have been carefully picked from Marine Depot's shelves like delicate berries and placed into a wicker basket lined with unicorn fur. With the grace of a ballerina, we tiptoed them to our packing station where Santa's Elves—who work with us during their off-season—prepared your order for shipment.

Your products were methodically placed in each box using techniques taught to us by a former Tetris World Champion. Using a pair of tweezers, we placed hundreds of packing peanuts one-by-one into every nook and cranny to ensure safe transport. We are proud to share with you that our packing peanuts are reusable, recyclable, biodegradable and made using 100% recycled content. They also do not trigger peanut allergies. Eat your heart out, Mr. Peanut.

Saying goodbye to such sought-after products is always gut-wrenching. That is why we offer employees unlimited handkerchiefs as a part of our generous benefits package. As your order was whisked away at light speed down our assembly line into the loving arms of the shipping courier, our warehouse elves, with tears in their eyes, joined hands and whispered, "Jábba sô kalîk qonay." We don't speak Elvish ourselves, but they tell us the rough translation is "May these supplies bring stability and success to the aquarium and its owner." Wow, we are getting a little choked up ourselves now. Thanks, elves.

As the delivery truck pulled away from our warehouse dock, a rare double rainbow appeared overhead. That's when we knew the products we had raised since they were mere hatchlings were on their way to a better home. Please take care of them and, we promise, they will take care of you.

With sincere appreciation,

The MarineDepot.com Family

follow up email
To Marine Depot

What a wonderful email! With such whimsy and imagination I have no fear that the parts I ordered will fit my project perfectly even if I didn’t measure anything, just took a guess . I am sure The Elves know just what I had in mind. I have a vision in my head now probably forever of Elves in to-tos on tiptoe, wicker baskets and unicorn fur. By the way where would I order unicorn fur.
You made my day!
Nancy

Hello Nancy,
Thank you for the reply. Our marketing team likes to have a little fun with these emails from time to time. I’ll be sure to let them know that you enjoyed our message. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. Thanks again for choosing Marine Depot!

Regards,
Chris R.
Customer Service

Looking to add plants to my pond. Hardy plants for postage.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ordered parts from Marine Depot this is the shipping email I got.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 07:51:40 PM »
Nan, that email was just AWESOME! I love people and companies that aren't afraid to be a little offbeat and creative! Sounds like a place where I would love to work.  Another place that's quirky like that that I order from a lot is Indigo Wild~they sell soaps and oils, all natural smell goodies and their catalogs and emails are cute and goofy. Thanks for sharing!  :D
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Pam

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Baby Doll lotus
  • With us since: 15/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 09:59:25 AM »
That was fun to read  :D
Pam

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
Loved it. ;D
Guess I order from boring places.  All I ever get is "Thank you for your order."

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 04:48:57 PM »
Real people (er, elves) who love their work...Love it!

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »
so cute

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"