Author Topic: Changed my web site, comments needed :)  (Read 4841 times)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Changed my web site, comments needed :)
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 09:05:50 AM »
Louis - while looking at your photos of your waterlilies I swear I could smell them!  Love your site!
Tammie

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 09:24:46 AM »
The site looks as great as I would expect, and the photos are exquisite!

I love the theater pictures. It is very cool to be able to look around like that.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
Louis - while looking at your photos of your waterlilies I swear I could smell them!  Love your site!
Tammie

thanks tammie :)

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2007, 09:52:10 AM »
The site looks as great as I would expect, and the photos are exquisite!

I love the theater pictures. It is very cool to be able to look around like that.

Steve

hello steve, thanks.

lou

Offline Chris

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Great job you have done Lou once again. O0 O0

Chris

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 01:04:44 PM »
Lou when I think you can't get any better, what do you do?

You're amazing! 8-)~

BTW, you know that I'm expecting pix of Colorado this year! O0

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 02:19:14 PM »
Great job you have done Lou once again. O0 O0

Chris

hi chris,

thanks a lot

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 02:19:56 PM »
Lou when I think you can't get any better, what do you do?

You're amazing! 8-)~

BTW, you know that I'm expecting pix of Colorado this year! O0

hi bonnie,
you will, it came along nicely last year.

lou

Offline Craig

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »
Hey Lou,

I love the site!  If you need anymore tips from Darcy, just call. <GD,R>
Craig     SW FL 9B

Don't sweat the petty things....and don't pet the sweaty things.

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 03:32:24 PM »
Hey Lou,

I love the site!  If you need anymore tips from Darcy, just call. <GD,R>

hi craig, thanks for the comment. give darcy my best.

lou

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
Louis, I loved your site. The rippling water was so impressive, let alone the pix of the lilies and tall ships etc. I especially liked the Cuauhtomic. Oh dear I was making a point of remembering how to spell it and now I'm afraid I didn't. But you know what I mean.

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 07:09:51 PM »
Louis, I loved your site. The rippling water was so impressive, let alone the pix of the lilies and tall ships etc. I especially liked the Cuauhtomic. Oh dear I was making a point of remembering how to spell it and now I'm afraid I didn't. But you know what I mean.

hello esther,

don't feel bad, i cannot even pronounce the name. she was one of the most beautiful of all the tall ships. we approached her at mooring about 3 miles off shore at 5:30 am and when we got within a half mile, we could smell the breakfast the Mexican sailors were making. it was wonderful.

lou

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 08:54:50 PM »
Hey lou,
I love the site as well.
Is the hybrid on the front page with the javascript as snowy white as it appears? Any chance you are gonna release it anytime?
Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 06:08:22 AM »
Hey lou,
I love the site as well.
Is the hybrid on the front page with the javascript as snowy white as it appears? Any chance you are gonna release it anytime?
Tim

hello tim, the hybrid on the home page is one of a kind. right now its a tuber and i hope it makes it through the winter. so far, it looks good and firm. thanks for your interest. i hope to propagate it this year, if the pond gods are willing.

lou

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 06:22:25 AM »
Beautiful is all I can say.  You have done a wonderful job.. One of the best web pages I have been to.  Love your rippling effects.

tinkster

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 06:26:24 AM »
Beautiful is all I can say.  You have done a wonderful job.. One of the best web pages I have been to.  Love your rippling effects.

tinkster

thank you tink. it been a fun project

lou

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007, 06:30:37 AM »
I bet it has.. I do ebay and struggle with simple html and then you come out with something beautiful like that!   Makes me want to try harder to learn it :) 

tinkster

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007, 06:38:30 AM »
I bet it has.. I do ebay and struggle with simple html and then you come out with something beautiful like that!   Makes me want to try harder to learn it :) 

tinkster

hello again tink, there is  wealth of info on the internet. when i wanted to do a site with virtual tours, it took me all of a couple of weeks to learn to do it. there are times when i just cannot grasp some technical item and then all of a sudden, the solution appears. keep at it, its lots of fun.

lou

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007, 06:47:22 AM »
thanks for the encouragment!  I pretty much am so lost in my ponding and gardening now that I just slap my stuff on ebay the quickest way I can now. The fun it out of that for sure.. its just a job.. but I was intriqued at one time with animation.  I love to take friends pictures and animate them into something funny.. got pretty good at that.

I would love to get more into the photography of my ponds.  I can never get my pictures to look good like yall do.  I did recently buy a new Cannon sd700 and hope to figure out how to use it soon :).  I missed being in the ponding magazine because my pictures werent are good enuff quality.  I hope this camera will do good enough.. the reviews on it was good.

I would really like to see a thread on this forum with nothing but photos.  When I first started the idea of building pond/ getting into gardening, I found the old awg and it had a huge thread with nothing but pictures of ponds and lilies and its what keep me there.. I think so many are looking for photos/ ideas/ inspiration and it gives us people that dont have a clue if we cant copy something, IDEAS :)  I keep looking at your pictures last year and I keep fighting the urge to try tropical... I just need to focue on getting what I have done right first before I move on to them.

Tinkster

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007, 06:55:16 AM »
thanks for the encouragment!  I pretty much am so lost in my ponding and gardening now that I just slap my stuff on ebay the quickest way I can now. The fun it out of that for sure.. its just a job.. but I was intriqued at one time with animation.  I love to take friends pictures and animate them into something funny.. got pretty good at that.

I would love to get more into the photography of my ponds.  I can never get my pictures to look good like yall do.  I did recently buy a new Cannon sd700 and hope to figure out how to use it soon :).  I missed being in the ponding magazine because my pictures werent are good enuff quality.  I hope this camera will do good enough.. the reviews on it was good.

I would really like to see a thread on this forum with nothing but photos.  When I first started the idea of building pond/ getting into gardening, I found the old awg and it had a huge thread with nothing but pictures of ponds and lilies and its what keep me there.. I think so many are looking for photos/ ideas/ inspiration and it gives us people that dont have a clue if we cant copy something, IDEAS :)  I keep looking at your pictures last year and I keep fighting the urge to try tropical... I just need to focue on getting what I have done right first before I move on to them.

Tinkster

you have purchased a good camera, i think it might be a good idea to start a thread in the spring on the best ways of photographing lilies and ponds.

lou

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"