Author Topic: Would like to give a lotus a try this summer  (Read 5984 times)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: Would like to give a lotus a try this summer
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2007, 08:07:24 AM »
I have never tried Lotus because our summers are so short on this side of Oregon and they tend not to bloom. Hughes Water Gardens has always had gorgeous ones in their greenhouses and now I have a greenhouse so was thinking I would grow one in the greenhouse. I plan to add lights to extend the growing season. I could easily place the Lotus outside during winter if they need a dormancy.

Is Baby Doll the smallest? Is there is pink or red one as small?
I really haven't paid attention to Lotus varieties.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline finnpond

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Would like to give a lotus a try this summer
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2007, 04:02:47 PM »
 8)
Give one a try Leeanne!!!!  Mine have bloomed the last 2 summers....  I need to divide it this year as it is way out of the pot I have it in right now......  I don't bring it in over the winter or put it in a greenhouse, just cut the dead leaves off and keep the stems above waterline...  Don't know if I really need to do that, but it works for me...  Chawan Basu (sp) from Johns....

Dave

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"