Author Topic: destructive lotus... lawanna... shes your baby hehehe.....  (Read 799 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
destructive lotus... lawanna... shes your baby hehehe.....
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
THis is the lotus Russian Red.  I got her from lawanna.. my favorite ltous... I had her in a preformed 500 gallon pond where she lived for years.. last year I was down sizing and got rid of the pond.  I couldnd get rid of russian red so I put her in a huge horse feeding tub from tracktor supply and stuck her in my big pond.. around the end of summer I noticed she was out in the pond where she shouldnd have been.. this spring I took out the pot.  She had grown through this tub... thinking something must have already been cracked in the tub I put her on my patio in a whiskey barrel liner which I have grown lotus in for years.... She did great till last week.. She was bone dry.  I thought I had just forgot to water her.  Watered and she was empty in under a hour... She has grown through the whiskey barrel liner now.  I have had to set her into a make shift kids swimming pool to keep the water bottom feeding through the hole she made.  I am still determined to keep her.. Not sure what I will try next year.. maybe a galvanised tub??? 

Anyone else have lotus bust through containers as sturdy as these.

Joy

Offline Bob_A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/08/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: destructive lotus... lawanna... shes your baby hehehe.....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
Some of the lotus that you sent me last year have either jumped the pot (the bottoms of 55 gallon poly barrels) or have grown through.  Not sure, but they are growing in an area outside of the pots.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 02:42:46 PM »
IM betting its russian red.. she is so vigorous.  I would be afriad for my liner  :)

Joy

Offline Pam

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Baby Doll lotus
  • With us since: 15/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
She wants to grow, huh? :-)
Pam

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
Wow, Tink, that is wild. You may have to get a bath tub to put it in.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"