Author Topic: Pops of color in my garden +  (Read 2171 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pops of color in my garden +
« on: July 17, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
Only 5 more months til Christmas!  Where has this year gone!?!  I didn't have a lot of time to spend in my garden or farmlette this year so anything growing or blooming or fruiting was mostly leftovers from last year.  I so miss my gardening and ponding. 

I thought when the kids are up and out I would have more time to do some serious gardening.  Not so.  Busy doing fun things, kids' things, travel things, and so much more! (including work to make some money so I can do the previous things!).

So here is some bursts of color while I wait (for approval of work) by the computer with my work thing.

1. My strawberry towers from 99cent Store

2. Gone to flower....Artichokes - I'm the only one in the family eating them.  I can't keep up!

3. Suffolk Russian grapes...when dark pink and ripe it's like eating cotton candy balls!

4.  One weeks worth of tomatoes from my farmlette...been waiting for a big lode to make this picture!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pops of color in my garden +
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:10:42 PM »
Now others pops of color in the garden....

5.  Jerry!!! Are ya proud of me!?! I grew an angel trumpet from a cutting!!!  Thanks to DD and her former work place's gardener.  Now I need to cut and trim it often!

6. Wish I could remember the name of this plant... It's a Chocolate.....

7. Bulb flower, Aztec Lily

8. Sunny side up!  Matilija Poppy

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
And then my new Need to Have plants...Succulents and Cactus.  Gotta love the flowers!

9, 10, 11.  Flowering cactus'

12. Epi

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
Then we have....

13.  Volunteer Blackberries from my neighbor's yard!

14.  First Dragon Fruit!!!!  Unfortunately it did not get pollenized, so no fruit

15.  Finally!  Got my own Blood Orange tree!!!  DH can keep his Valencia and Navel Oranges all to himself.  I actually like to use blood oranges in sangrias or decoration with food.  I can't eat oranges though...all psychological  :D

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »
They are all beautiful, but I really enjoyed seeing the artichoke.  I'd never seen one in bloom.

Offline Pam

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Baby Doll lotus
  • With us since: 15/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
Number 6 is a Manfreda Chocolate Chip. I really love the blooms :-)

You have the mother lode of blooms and fruits/veggies, for sure!

Thanks for all of the eye candy!
Pam

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
Thank you Pam!  Manfreda....that's the name I lost!  Brain freeze happens way to often these days.

Sue, I'm glad to introduce you to flowering artichoke....in the thistle family.  Love griiling baby chokes!

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
Wow, quite the collection of different plants, colors, & textures.  You've got a green thumb for sure  O0
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »
Annette still looks good...I thought I would have more time in the garden too when I retired.  I don't think I expected the social life that comes with the retirement. @O@

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »
Awesome pics of things I've never seen Annette! And you'll never guess: my red epi bloomed this summer for the first time!!!!!!! I will try to get a pic posted for you to see~so now you're a Grandma!!  8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »
Thank you, my friends!  Haven't seen most of you in so long!  Good to see ya all again!

LuAnn!!!  I was thinking of you during my epi bloomtime this year....hoping I would see your blooms  @O@  Glad they bloomed.  Wouldn't want you to think I sent you the non blooming variety, hahah.  Grandma!?! Hahahaha!

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »
I know Annette, I was thrilled. I repotted them early spring, fed them and moved them outside under trees. They love the moisture and humidity and not being in the dry atmosphere of a house in winter in the Midwest!!!! I was about to give up hope, even though they were putting on a LOT of new growth, lo and behold, I spotted bloom buds! This is on the red epi, the fuschia one hasn't put on any buds yet, but I'm still thrilled. Will try and get a decent photo, the ones I took were blurry. Thank you my friend!  :hug:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 02:33:23 PM »
I'd love to see pictures of my grandbabies!  ;D   If you feel adventurous remind me next Spring or even this Fall before it gets cold and I'll send different color blooming epi to you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"