Author Topic: Trip to TMike's  (Read 1121 times)

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Trip to TMike's
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
What a fantastic day! Yesterday I set out to make the 6 hour drive to TMike's place. I arrived late last night to get a hotel room in a city off the interstate, and once settled in, could hardly sleep due to the excitement of seeing Mike's ponds and lilies this morning. Waking up early,  I headed to Mike's, about another hour's drive. The last few miles consisted of going up and down hills and around curves on a gravel road. My heart began to beat faster as I went around each curve that brought me even closer.
Mike met me and I followed him the rest of the way. Since it was still early and the blooms would not be opened as yet, we viewed pics of some lilies on his computer that he had just taken this morning.  They were stunning.
Also, before we went to see the ponds, Mike showed me his set up for starting the lily seeds, and growing them until moving them to the growing ponds. He has a terrific seed sprouting system.
The weather was great, and there were many beautiful blooms to see, even this late in the year. There definitely were hundreds of the most beautiful lilies you have ever seen. Thanks Mike for getting blooms for me to bring home to show my wife, and make bouquets.
I got so busy listening and looking at the ponds, I forgot to take more pics, but here are some.

Offline matherfish

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to TMike's
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »
Mike has 8 or 9 ponds, but one of them is huge, and another is extra large. The others are just large.  o(:-)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:35:44 AM by matherfish »

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
Here are some pics of some of the H X T blooms that Mike gave my wife for a bouquet.  o(:-)

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »
And a few more... o(:-)

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
And last, but not least of the pics... O0

Offline dperry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/10/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Don's Pond
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »
Now, that's impressive.  I can see why you were anxious to get there.  I can't imagine maintaining such a setup.  Thanks for sharing that.
Don Perry  http://youtube.com/dperry428
Retired science teacher
BS, MS, Biological Science, NIU
Northern Illinois
Zone 5a

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 05:14:28 PM »
Sounds like a great road trip and some beautiful lilies in the bouquet.  Will Mike be offering just his "blue hybrids next year, he only had a 3 pack this year and I didn't want his pink hybrid.

Offline redberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »
I can't imagine keeping track of all of the varieties!  I especially like the photo of the lavendar bloom.

redberry

Offline matherfish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
Coolshades, Mike does not know for sure which lilies he will offer next year. A lot depends on how well they propagate. He has several possibilities to chose from, but it may be two years before he offers them. There was a problem with the first offer of three varieties, as he did not have enough stock. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"