Author Topic: World Wide Water Gardeners: An invitation and a new beginning.  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
World Wide Water Gardeners: An invitation and a new beginning.
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:43:39 AM »
Established on January 18, 2006, American Ponders came into existence. You are cordially invited as a member of this well established web forum to attend on January 18, 2017 the grand re-opening and transformation into World Wide Water Gardeners, a global organization.
We are a group of industry leaders, inviting you to participate with an Organization of individuals, opening dialogue with likeminded water gardening enthusiasts from all around the world. We will meet at a centralized platform which is why we have created WorldWideWaterGardeners.org
We have maintained the database from American Ponders web forum from the last eleven years. This has already created advantageous posts from thousands of knowledgeable and amazing members, including you. With this we have a strong foundation to advance in our metamorphosis.
In transition from American Ponders to World Wide Water Gardeners, we hope you find a reinvigoration to return and participate with the many new members we will be inviting from around the globe. This will attain a truly international perspective on this amazing hobby we all adore.
Moving forward, we would like to thank ever so graciously, Jerry Esten, for making it possible for us to have a forum to continue with our hobby over the last eleven years.  At that time in 2005, all other options we had ended up closing down due to unforeseen circumstances.  American Ponders was born as the only option for those of us who had nowhere else to participate. Jerry has agreed to stay on as a member and maintain his contributions as time permits, with his very active schedule.
Suggestions, questions or concerns may be addressed to admin@worldwidewatergardeners.org
Come by and give us a visit. Please remember to change your bookmarks from: www.americanponders.com to www.worldwidewatergardeners.org
All links to American Ponders still work but default to the new domain once you enter the site.
Change is good but evolution is required. Together we will create a new future through the global network bringing together a single location of knowledge, advice, learning and sharing.
Best Regards,

The World Wide Water Gardeners team.

Offline Lorraine

• Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: World Wide Water Gardeners: An invitation and a new beginning.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
Hello, thank you for the invit to this forum. I was a member a long time ago, but then fell absent . A lot has changed, and I see with you all also.Husband an I are retired, we lost our special needs son in October due to repository issues. We cared for him for 43 yrs and now  we have so much 'free time' so to speak. Still have my pond but down sized. We live in Columbia South Carolina and we are into rescueing dogs from the pounds and putting them into foster homes and then permanent homes. We are with SQ Rescue. I doubt any one remembers me but hello to all.
   Will pass this on to other ponders I know. Hugs
Lorraine

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:26:56 PM »
Welcome back Lorraine. We look forward to seeing more of you and thank you for passing on the word that we are here.

Offline Krista

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »
I too am glad to see this group again. The last several years have been a whirl wind of spouse moving to Northern Alberta for work and me staying to sell the house (which took 2 years) and now I am living on 5 acres 40 minutes from Grande Prairie Alberta. The property has a dug out 'pond' that I am guessing is 40X70ish (just got a 200' measuring tape from dh's work so will get a correct number this weekend) and of unknown depth. It is used to irrigate the greenhouse and gardens and this past summer was basically just an overgrown stinky duckweed covered mess. The plan for spring is to invest in a air system to help with aeration and go from there. Will find depth out once it thaws too. Not sure what else I want to do with it as it is on the edge of our property that borders the highway so not a quiet peaceful area. It is filled from the drainage ditch from beside the highway and train track so a little nervous about adding fish.

The other end of the property has a large boggy section and seems susceptible to flooding/high water table. Back in August 4/5 of my fields/grass area (not including the house which is on a rise thankfully) flooded anywhere from drenched to 8" deep. Not sure if digging a pond would help or if it would create more issues. Bottom 8th of fields flooded just before freeze (area where I would install a second pond) so I had a lovely skating rink for my boys who are now turning 13 in March.

currently it is all a little overwhelming. Who knew having so much property would result in stress of where to put a pond :)
Mom of twins, knitting nut, and want to get back into water gardening.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »
Thank you to Jerry and Sean for so many years of their own time to bring so many ponders out there including myself.

Welcome to WorldWideWaterGardener!!! Glad to see ya here!

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
Hey Krista, I cant believe the boys are 13 already. I still remember you staying the weekend at my place when you were pregnant with them still like it was just a couple years ago.
Let me know when you decide which pond will be the one and I will send you some hardy waterlilies from Mike's pond.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »
Thank you to Jerry and Sean for so many years of their own time to bring so many ponders out there including myself.

Welcome to WorldWideWaterGardener!!! Glad to see ya here!
Modify message

Thanks Annette!

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"