Author Topic: I bought waders today!  (Read 1166 times)

Offline backyardponder

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I bought waders today!
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »
Now I can finally get in the pond without getting wet! The waders go all the way up, with suspenders and everything!  Im going to get the pond going next weekend and I'm so excited about not having to feel that cold water   @O@ @O@ @O@ @O@
Need to get the marginal pots up and repot.  All my waterlilies overwintered in the garage, in totes. They look great and need to be repotted as well.

Eija
 8-)~ 8-)~ 8-)~

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I bought waders today!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:56:01 PM »
Way cool. I was looking at them at Drfoster&smiths yesterday and told dh gee there only $49.99!  o(:-) I only want them for when the water is cold. I don't mind getting in there at all when it's hot. In fact I love the way the kids come up and try to eat me. It scared the pants off me the first time, and as they grow it's not so cool. Shreck is getting to big to do that and it almost hurts. But he did give my leg a hicky! lol
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Suzi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
I've been thinkin about getting some waders too.  I have some lily tubs that I need to get out from the bottom, and they are beyond my reach.  If you're gonna be getting into the pond anytime soon, you'll need 'em to keep warm in this cold Ohio water! 

Where did you find the waders at?  A local store?  Or did you order them online?

Suz

Offline slackjeep

• Members
  • With us since: 17/01/2007
    • View Profile
    • Photogallery
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
ha.. i was thinking of getting them also. 
Dorys

GAJen

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 02:55:57 PM »
I should get DH a pair.

Offline backyardponder

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 03:43:15 PM »
I got these from Bass Pro Shop here in Cincinnati.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=3212&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults
They are regularly $99, but they were on sale for $74. My Hubby gave me his $50 gift certificate a vendor gave him for Christmas (he's not a fisher/hunter), so I only paid $24 plus tax for them.  They are really nice, Thinsulate material and comfy. They have a large selection for men.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResults?ts=Mon%20Mar%2012%2017:42:34%20CDT%202007

@O@ @O@
Eija

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »
I looked at the ones in Bass Pro and Cabella's but just for what I want or need for I cant spend that much. You luck out getting them at that price. Way to go. I garentee ya if my hubby got a gift from them it would be for Bass gear. o(
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:25:52 AM »
I have cheapies too.  No more is needed,  We are just in and out. not wading streams or fly fishing.
The better ones are better, but do you need them?
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 05:21:02 PM »
I just thought it would be nice for in the fall and now so I didn't have to climb into that freezing water almost past my waist. I have some Big cattails and stuff out there I just can't get to without going in. Or to try and catch those million babies I want out. ;D When it's hot I go in just to cool of and play with the gang. Even tho I get hickies on my legs lol
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"