Author Topic: Since it was 80 degrees today.....  (Read 695 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Since it was 80 degrees today.....
« on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:52 PM »
I decided that I would check on my lilies that purchased from a dealer (not a big box store) since I had not seen them since I potted them at the end of last summer., actually more like early fall. When I pulled the two escarboucle lillies out of the pond they each had a surprise for me. One had multiple eyes growing from it and the other had one new eye but also had some rot and almost no roots. I removed all of the rotted parts from the one and it still left plenty of tuber. With that I repotted with my new formula and I moved them up into shallower water to get them started. I also pulled out the Pink Sunrise and I repotted it as well. It had some awesome growth! Starting to send runners to the surface and the pads are gorgeous! I made a newbie mistake when I planted it last fall.  I put the cut end in the middle instead of to the edge of the pot. It had crammed itself into a corner, Glad I checked it. All is well with those three for the moment.
    Should I worry about the one lily that had rot? it had new growth and I cut it back to where it was firm what should I be looking for? Anything special?

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"