Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Bob in IL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm Back
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »
Hello!!  I was out of the ponds for most of the last ten months.  And off of the internet for most of the last year.  Work and family have finally slowed down enough that I was able to partially catch up on things!  The 50 tropical  water lily tubers that I collected last fall ended up being stored for almost 8 months and just went back into the pond last month!  Luckily, the hardies survived without my care!  Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am back online and I hope to have several hundred small tropicals and hardy water lilies available to trade in the next few weeks.

Bob in IL

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Back
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 12:43:26 PM »
Hi Bob!
Tammie

Offline caperose

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »
Hi Bob,
    Glad you're back and your pond is doing well.  I just signed up today - so I don't know anyone, yet.
We just dug our pond this year, and two weeks ago filled it.  Still working on the edges.  That seems to
be harder to do than digging it was. 
     Anyway, looking forward to seeing your posts.
            Audrey

Offline Bob in IL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »
Hello Tammie,

Great to be back online.  I see a lot of names here that I know and trust!  My neighbor just got back from that scenic paradise that you live in!

Hello Audrey,
Aren't ponds great!  I can tell you one thing. You did not make your pond big enough!!  As soon as a pond is finished, we admire it.  Then wonder why we didn't make it bigger!  Hopefully you made your walls straight up and down to keep the racoons and critters out.  And hopefully you did not make your pond so deep that anyone would drown in it!

Bob

Offline tootsie

• Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »
Hi Bob,
Nice to hear you have returned....with your tubers, LOL @O@ I joined a short time ago, then because of the "hacker" I re-joined! Can you explain just how you over winter your tropicals? I have read of putting them in a bucket of water in the basement? Will you be posting pics of your beauties?I over wintered a lotus tuber that I grew from seed last year, pulled it out of the pond in the spring, AND THEN BROKE THE POINTS, while planting it  >:(-

Offline Bob in IL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 06:39:36 PM »
Hi Tootsie,

Try this link about overwintering tropicals and tell me what you think.

http://www.victoria-adventure.org/waterlilies/winterizing_tropicals_bob_meyer.html

Offline LouAnn

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »
HI Bob, welcome back (8:-)
Friends are the family I would choose.

Offline andrew davis

• Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 12:01:16 PM »
ahah, there you are, Bob, bob's back. You forgot to mention a few names on those tubers, uhuh?

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 05:36:22 PM »
Hi Bob,

Welcome back. I had signed up a long time ago for this forum but just recently started spending more time here. I am an aquatic plant expert from another forum that I got my posting rights taken away.

Welcome to the forum, Audrey. You will enjoy it here.

Over-wintering tropicals? lol Don't you just leave them in the pond? :D Do you mean that there are places where ponds freeze? ;D Can you guess that I live in Florida? @O@

Oh, mentioning Victoria-Adventures, me and the little wife are hoping to go down and visit the Knotts at their home next month.

Happy ponding,
Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »
Scott,
  Would you like to learn what some of us have for winter? We have a guest room. ;)
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »
Hi Bob welcome back. I think we both have a friend in Memphis by the name of Marie?

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »
Hi Bob. Didn't we trade once, a long time ago? I'm not sure if you're the same person, but didn't you used to have a website?
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Bob in IL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 06:17:04 PM »
HI Karen,

Yes, we probably did do a trade.  Yes, I used to have a website. Yes, I used to have a lot more free time!

Can't remember what I sent you.  But I hope it did well!

Will have lots of tropical water lily starts to trade next week!  I got them in the pond very late this year!

Bob

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"