Author Topic: Not the way to clean your swing... or oops!  (Read 1775 times)

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Not the way to clean your swing... or oops!
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »
We had a bit of wind the other night... this has happened one other time.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get it out without damaging the liner.  The last time this happened we used 4 guys and a rope, but we had more room to work in.  Since I put a filter pond next to this pond there isn't any room to work... Hubby said I could borrow his wrench and take it apart in the pond and then he'd have somebody help me lift the pieces out... Gee thanks, honey.

Tammie

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
Re: Not the way to clean your swing... or oops!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 10:56:53 PM »
Glad to see you. Hadn't seen you on in a bit.
I hope you get it worked out with the swing... Send me a ticket and I promise to get it out without tearing anything...LOL

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 05:58:56 AM »
Oh oh......
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »
oh man....that happened to ours right after we put it up...so I fixed it and no matter how strong the winds have been it has been 4 years now...that swing hasn't budged.....I went and bought 4 of those corkscrew dog tie outs....placed one on each side...and the other two on the back of the swing on each side.....and took some wire to connect the swing to the tops of the tie outs...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:40:17 AM »
tammie,

Once you get it out of the pond, consider tieing it down with stakes.  I figured out some time ago that screwing deck furniture to the deck would keep my beagles from turning the tables and chaises upside down.

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:49:24 AM »
LOL Tammie -
The cop would help you get it out, the lawyer lends you a wrench.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »
tammie,

Once you get it out of the pond, consider tieing it down with stakes.  I figured out some time ago that screwing deck furniture to the deck would keep my beagles from turning the tables and chaises upside down.
LOL...Johns.....I totally understand about the beagles... We have one and every time we let the dogs  out to use the bathroom...she goes bellowing out the front door chasing the cats....she will run into, over, or under anything trying to get them  ;D ;D once they turn and slap her...then she is running back for the door  ;D ;D....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

GAJen

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 09:39:05 AM »
OMG! Wish you luck in getting that one out.

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »
We had it tied down at one time.  Don't remember why we untied it.  When I get it out this time it's going somewhere else! 
Mike - thanks for the laugh!  I needed it this morning!  I'll let Joe know what you said. 
Tim I'm here several times a day, just hate to type.  Usually I just keep my "mouth" shut. 
Yes to dogs overturning furniture... the only deck furniture on the deck is a picnic table that take 4 men to move - the big dogs sleep on top of it... Our furniture in the house is "dog proof" too.  Stone and iron dining set and our living room stuff is resin wicker and sunbrella fabric.  Stone floors too.  As doggie freindly as I can make it.  8 dogs in the house...
Tammie

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 10:11:29 AM »
What kinds of dogs do you have Tammie? Pictures? Good luck with getting that thing out of there. It looks like a big job.

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 01:13:02 PM »
I have one Rotten-weiler named Kaiwi, one "ucky" dog named Ucky and there are 6 Chihuahuas that live in the house.  Don't have any pictures on this computer, I'll have to dig some up!
Tammie

Offline Shep

• Members
  • With us since: 29/12/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
I would use a Keg of beer and a video camera to get the swing out of the pond.... Tap the Keg and eventually a couple of gentleman can be manipulated into claiming into the eye of the camera that they can get that swing out of the pond with out tearing anything up.... once they say they'll pay for any damages, sit back and enjoy the show!  ;D

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 06:50:14 PM »
Amazing what the winds can tip over, and those swings go pretty easy.  We end up with the plastic chairs in.  I bought a wood bench so that does not blow, but DH has to have his dumb white plastic chair, he likes how it sits. If I know it's going to be windy I'll bring it up to the deck.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 06:59:16 PM »
Marla,
Throw that white plastic chair in the garbage, and tell him that it blew away in the wind storm and buy him a nice wooden, comfortable chair.  ;)

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 04:10:09 AM »
Oh geeez, hope you get it out alright. 

It is funny how you can have strong winds and only a couple times do something odd.  I have an wrought iron arbor by my front puddle.  When we had severe storms one summer, it remained standing.  Then one day we had a moderate storm, and it blew over.  That thing is heavy, take about 4 people to move.  Its achored down now about a foot.  We'll see.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 06:02:33 AM »
I remember when it blew in before. Call this "presoak" and give it a scrub when you get it out.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
When I give my outdoor chairs a spring wash, I spray a belach/water mixture on, let it sit for a bit and rinse it off.
That would really clean that swing up.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"