Author Topic: My new goodies for in and around the pond area  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My new goodies for in and around the pond area
« on: March 26, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
Here Tink, I finally got around to taking some pics of them. 

I got the Forest face pots delivered today.  Although, I didn't read the ad correctly.  Or it was mis-leading not sure which.  I understood it would be one Max and one Smiley.  But I was wrong.  It gave you either or.  So I ended up with a Large Max and a small Max.   

However, the Large Max had a big hole on the inside, it didn't go all the way through.  But its still big enough that water would get inside of it and go no where and would probably become smelly.  The hole was about 2x3 inch piece.  So I called the company and told them.  They're going to send a replacement.  I asked what they wanted me to do with this one, they said throw it away, destroy or try to use it.  Well, of course use it.  I took the chunk and glued it in place on the inside, it didn't match up exactly, I'll just keep adding Gorilla glue till its filled in.  Its like its two layers so the whole doesn't show at all on the outside.  But, while I had them on the phone...I talked to them the way the ad reads on the computer verses the catalog they sent.  I just went ahead and ordered the Smileys too.  I'll just have a whole forest...lol  I'll take a better pic, when I get the others with them.  I had just sprayed off the porch and they kind of blended in. They look pretty much like a piece of tree in person.

Can't wait to plant something in them.  I did stick a small pot inside one just to see what it will look like.  I want to put some cork screw rush in one of them.  What cha think of that idea??? 

The one that isn't a pot, he's a solar light and his eyes will light up at night.

The three tier planter, I'm putting all inpatients in it.  I have a shade spot on my deck and impatients just flurish there, so I thought they would look really good in this.  I just couldn't resist the bird bath.

So, I've been a happy camper lately and the season is just beginning.

Kim

Kim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:01:43 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My new goodies for in and around the pond area
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:20:13 PM »
They don't carry stuff like that down here.  >:(- Very nice and hope you enjoy.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
I odered the faces online.

Kim

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »
How cute Kim.. I really like the birdbath!

Would you mind sharing your online source?

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 07:07:15 PM »
OH I love them all!!!  That would be my budget for a whole year though :)

Cant wait to see them all planted

tinkster

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »
OH and I just now see the bicycle.. I know wher that came from.. lowe's!! I gots one to and you wont believe. they were suppose to be 19.99. They only had two out and I grabbed one and got up to the checkout and she is calling for a override and I am thinking what is going on.. the tag is there with the price on it.  it rang up at 7.99 and said soso and so bicycle typed on it.  they looked at it frowned like hmm thats pretty cheap and gave it to me for 7.99. 

woohooo :)

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »
Soon to have one decked out yard and pond ;) post pictures after placement
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »
This had a tag from the manufacturers on it, and it was 7.97.  They had three and I bought two.  I made one up as a house warming gift with purple silk tulips in it for her sun room.  She loves tulips and her sun room has a purple couch in it.  (Ya'll don't fuss at me for silk, she's not a plant keeper).  She loved it.  I went back and was going to get the other one, but it was gone.  Was going to make up a planter from my mom for Mother's day, oh well. 

Kim

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 07:18:36 PM »
wow.. you think that is why I got mine for  7.99 to then.. the tag on the one up on the shelf that I was looking at said 19.99 but instead of getting it down I just got the one down that was on the floor and it rang in the system at 19.99.  we both got deals and have such good taste :)

What ya gonna put in yours.. I dont usually have much success with small pots.. they tend to dry to much and die.. I dont know. but this takes a pretty good size pot so I figured I might be able to work with it.

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »
Think I might put some Petunia waves in it.  They're pretty heat tolerent.  I got the pot at Walmart, its a terra cotto 10 inch.  The side taper down very little, its more straight up and down.  So that allowed a little more room for dirt.

I may in up sticking something else in it, but for now that's my plan.   ;)

Kim

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »
I had thought about trying some of joyce striking combinations...  I thought about creeping jenny down the sides against the black with maybe a red pot and some type of red/white maybe coleus or something that would look good with black and the yellow jenny.  Probably end up in the end tossing something more easy though :)

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 07:33:44 PM »
Funny you said red pot.  That is what they had in their display, with some metal flowers stuck in it.  You have my mind thinking, see I love potted plants all over the deck.  I have a pretty decent Jade plant that could sit there.  Or I might stick something that will hold water and stick a small pond plant inside it. 

My deck gets lots of sun, except for that one corner (3 tier thing is going there).  I also have bunches of wandering jew plant, but that might take over.

This could be interesting to see what we come up with.

Kim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:02:04 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline Shae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »
Kim, I agree with Bonnie, I love that birdbath! Where did you get it? Is it one of the resin kind or is it real heavy?

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 04:28:29 AM »
Bonnie and Shae........

I got the birdbath at Lowes.  Its resin, and not heavy at all.  It was sitting on display, and I had asked them to call someone over to find where they were.  Then a customer saw it and wanted one too.  I waited and waited for some help, finally I had my tall dh reach up and get the display down and told the other customer, I'm tired of waiting... I didn't want that customer to end up with it when I had waited for so long for help.  I don't think she ever got one.

Kim

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 05:39:49 AM »
Very nice Kim :) I love the three tier planter. It will look great with impatients..

Offline Krodity

• Members
  • With us since: 21/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 05:58:59 AM »
Where did you order the face from, I really like them?

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 08:43:35 AM »
I really like the three tier planter, the birdbath is cute too. Glad you got so much stuff and at good deals!
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
I ordered them from plowandhearth.com .  Becareful though, because you get two of the same kind not one of each.  One 10 inch and One 8 inch.

Kim

Thanks LeeAnne

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 07:09:29 PM »
Looks like someone had a great time shopping, and now will have agreat time playing. My yard and deck pots are old things. All my deck pots are very old baked enamial ware kettels or pots. even an old cast iron doll size bath tub. If it's old it goes in my yard or on the deck. I'm really into antiques. I guess that's why I keep dh around for over 25 years lol
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Lorraine

• Members
  • With us since: 20/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 06:21:00 AM »
    The one that isn't a pot, he's a solar light and his eyes will light up at night. 
I love your goodies,If you don't mind me asking where did you get the one that lights up. He is sooooo cute! And different,that's what I like something different. Thanks. Next time into Lowes I will have to check out the statuary. :)
Lorraine

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 07:58:42 AM »
I got the one that lights up at walmart for 14.97.  Me too, I like the different things. 

Kim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"