Author Topic: Couple of tropical blooms from today  (Read 1970 times)

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
Couple of tropical blooms from today
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »
Hi, it looks like the short season is coming to an unwelcome end. nights are getting cooler and the pond water is cooling down.

Here are two from today, first is N. White Delight a Charles Winch creation and the second one is one of my new hybrids from this year. its a peach/pink, depending on the accuracy of your monitor. it leans more to the light peach. this plant came from a cross between Golden West and Moonbeam, West being the pod parent.

lou

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of tropical blooms from today
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
Your photographs are, as usual, stunning.  Your flowers are also, as usual, glorious.  I do look forward to your picture posts!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:58:43 PM »
Both are gorgeous Louis. The second one is more pink on my monitor. Great photos as usual. I always really enjoy seeing your photos. If mine turned out half as nice I'd be happy.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline gander

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:59:06 AM »
They look great Louis. I wish I had a place to grow out more seedlings. I think I like growing seedlings better than I like growing something that I know what its going to look like. I love the surprise of the first blooms.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 08:04:45 AM »
the white is so striking and the pink is such a beautful soft pastel
And of course gorgeous photographs.
Thanks,
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »
They look great Louis. I wish I had a place to grow out more seedlings. I think I like growing seedlings better than I like growing something that I know what its going to look like. I love the surprise of the first blooms.

hi gary, i agree. its like opening gifts at Christmas.

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 12:11:43 PM »
thank you teresa, gary, steve and maryvonne.  :) :)

lou

Offline Tammi CA

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Life is what you make it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 12:14:27 PM »
Hi Louis~~~~~Whight Delight is a real Delight!  The unamed pink, is that one of your hybrids?   It reminds me of a Sorbet or a popsicle.   Something fragile that melts.

Tammi
I just need a few more plants, but where does it ever end!!!????

Offline CoolShades

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »
Hi Louis:

Beautiful photos, I'm curious about White Delight, what is the spread and leaf size as well as coloration?  It appears to be green, but photos can lie when one has multiple lilies around!

Gary

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 06:26:11 PM »
Hi Louis~~~~~Whight Delight is a real Delight!  The unamed pink, is that one of your hybrids?   It reminds me of a Sorbet or a popsicle.   Something fragile that melts.

Tammi

hello tammi, yes the pink is one of my hybrids from this year. its a pretty plant, although large

lou

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »
Hi Louis:

Beautiful photos, I'm curious about White Delight, what is the spread and leaf size as well as coloration?  It appears to be green, but photos can lie when one has multiple lilies around!

Gary

hi gary, no there is no green in the white delight bloom. it looks clear white here, might be your monitor off a tad bit. if anything, the early flowers, first day have a creamy white as opposed to a pure white.  a couple of years ago, i went down to visit my friends at waterford gardens in joisey and asked john for the largest white there is and he gave me white delight. it was not until i spoke to one of our knowledgeable people did i realize that is was one of charles winches creations.

the plant can be huge. i have mine in a 16 inch, bushel size container and its in a pond all of its own. the pads can be as long as 2 feet and the blooms are very large also, about 8 inches

lou

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"