Author Topic: Couple of pics  (Read 1044 times)

Offline small fish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Couple of pics
« on: April 06, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »
I am going to try a couple of pic... I downloaded a resizer a few weeks ago... the first time I was able to make it work .... the second time not so good..  :P

Myra
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 07:21:57 PM by small fish »
Myra Shreveport, LaZone 8A

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of pics
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 12:58:16 AM »
Very pretty lily, I like the color.  But your pond, is beautiful.  Post some more pics of it.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
That is so beautiful and lush! Lucky you- zone 8!! 8)
Kathy

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:04:05 AM »
That is so pretty, and peaceful looking!

Offline small fish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:23:38 AM »
Thanks y'all   I believe that is water celery that is covering the dam between the two ponds.  Last week end I pulled half of it out of the upper pond.  This plant really, really liked the winter as when I planted it there were just a few sprigs of it in a few places on the dam.  Next week end I plan to pull out the rest of it as blooming it is to tall for me to see the lily blooms from the windom at my computer.  And we can have that  @O@

Myra

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 11:11:53 AM »
That is water celery in my siggy pic, and that's what it looked like the first summer!  It was very invasive, I threw it into our backyard in a boggy area.  I have a feeling it may take over there, too.  I don't know what to do with the stuff!

Offline Krodity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 04:32:27 PM »
I tossed and tossed and tossed the water celery and it still kept coming back....INVASIVE is an understatement. It is so pretty, wish there was a way to keep it confined.

Your ponds are beautiful.

Offline Shae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »
Your ponds are gorgeous! Do you have fish and plants in both ponds? I love that blue water lily too. How long have you been ponding?

Offline small fish

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 07:53:28 PM »
Shae  I had a starter pond 3 or 4 years ago but I out grew that one before I had it a year.  I had this one put in July of 2005.  And yes I have fish and plants in both ponds.  Before this year I did not have as many plants in the lower pond.  I just bought this house 4 years ago and now working in the yard has taken over my life.    @O@  Which is not a bad thing.  Went this morning and bought $40 in land plants at a Master gardener plant sale.  Got a bunch of stuff that I was very interested in.  Now to find the time to plant.  Hopefully, next week end.  I have a number of fish.  Most of them are goldfish.  I don't like the fact fish just come up gone without any idea what happen to them.  I had 3 Koi that all made it through the winter but my favorite one is now gone. 

Myra

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"