Author Topic: I really didn't want this to go public  (Read 2674 times)

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
I really didn't want this to go public
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:04:14 AM »
but after all the emails I received I got some splaining to do. I am leaving this forum and not coming back. It appears I said something that offended some members in Jerry's Curb your Enthusiasm post and some members complained about it. Posts of mine and Jerry's were deleted. Since I've been being ignored by a lot of people. I meant no harm to any of you.....and really can't remember what I said that was so bad. It got started by me mentioning to Jerry if he crossed paths with Johnny Depp during some of Jerry's work endeavors, to tell him that I'd like to get ship wrecked on the Caribbean with Capt. Jack Sparrow. It was a joke. I'm very happily married and whatever comment Jerry or I then made that led anyone to believe any different well....sorry for you. Jerry and I have always posted hearts to one another as others have to him....in a friendly manner. Nonetheless, Teresa, Joyce, Shae, Esther and the rest of you that care to stay in contact with me can do so by emailing me at jss692@yahoo.com and I still have my web site listed under my profile.

Thank you to those that have helped me in ponding adventures and supported me in times of need, but I am very uncomfortable here especially after some of the comments I've heard.

Cheers
~Jen

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I really didn't want this to go public
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »
Please don't leave.   I don't know who said what or when or how or where but it can be forgotten.  I know that I've said things on forums that shouldn't have been said and they were either forgiven or forgotten or just plain faded away . . . . .

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:53:44 AM »
Jen, I have offended lots of people here on the many ponds forums...still here. {:-P;;
Don't worry about it, and stay. :)
We love you just the way you are. o(:-)

By the way, I have recieved some very NASTY comments including death threats, religious hateful BS, obscene gestures, some were even aimed at my daughter.
But 'F' them...they are all losers...and it's THEIR personal problem...not mine.
That why I'm still here...and most of them are not. ;D
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 08:03:38 AM »
Jen,
I, for one hope that you reconsider and do not leave! I followed that particular thread and it was very clear that you and Jerry were just having fun. I can't believe that anyone thought otherwise. Jerry said that he was the one that deleted the posts.
Too bad people don't have a sense of humor.

Stick around,
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
Jen, I too have said things that have offended others in the past although it was never meant to. Its something that just happens from time to time on forums. Lots of different people and opinions. I understand your desire to leave but don't let opinions of a few get to you.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 08:10:22 AM »
I agree with Teresa and Joyce. Don't you dare leave. I do understand what you are feeling too as I have gotten into things from time to time also. And sometimes I am the person who didn't like what was said. One time on another forum, I asked a question about Koi clay and started an uproar that you wouldn't believe. People disagree everywhere you go. I saw what was said on the deleted posts and sure maybe I wouldn't have said it but so what? I'm different from you and everybody else here. If you stay away from people who are not exactly like you, your life will be awfully boring. I'm sorry that some were maybe mean and disagreeable to you but that is the way the world turns. There's no two people exactly alike in their attitudes and opinions. Again, each person has a right to their opinion and you do too. If everyone left who differed in there opinions, we wouldn't have a forum. Now think of this, compare the number of positive responses to your past threads, to the number of negative PMs and emails. The largest number wins. OK?? Please try to overlook that situation and move on. Spring is almost here, I think, and we all need each other to gather experience and knowledge from. We need you and you need us. Do we have a huggy smiley? I guess not. We should have.  ((((cyber hug))))

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »
I am at a loss for words this morning. In my emails to you last night I had hoped that you would reconsider and just drop this whole thing and remain an active member.

I spent some time last night reading your most recent posts over the last month and do not see where people are ignoring you as you claim? I am left scratching my head wondering what the real underlying problem is. As you can see, many people are asking you to stay this morning. How much more convincing do you need? If it's a matter that Jerry deleted some posts by you and him, get over it girl, he has already apologized to you a few times.
As I mentioned to you in my emails last night, both yourself and Jim are respected members here, how much more do you need to keep you posting and happy at American Ponders?

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Daisy

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »
I agree with everybody here Jen!  You can't leave. We need you here. Just ignore those silly people that can't take a joke.
Hey I'd wouldn't mind being stuck on an island with Johnny either.  o(:-)  @O@

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
oh no don't go.... 

People read into things what they will and want and it is nobody's problem but theirs.  Don't let what they say ruin your and our fun.

Sit..STAY

Mary
Mary

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »
Don't you dare leave!  Yours are some of the posts I look forward to reading in the morning!  Like Mary said "Sit... STAY"! 
Do I understand correctly that you got nasty emails from people who thought your posts were offensive?  Gotta tell you, that old saying - consider the source!  I can't imagine having the time to write nasty emails to people... I have to much I have to do during the day, and not enough time to do the things I want to do.  Feel sorry for those people who have nothing better to do then send nasty critical emails to people!
Please Gen, reconsider!
Tammie

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 10:33:52 AM »
Jen,
     Please stay. You are so appreciated by many here and you would be so missed! I've always enjoyed your posts. Don't let people like that dictate what you do. Some folks live to create pain and drama. All we can do is block them and get on with what we enjoy. Don't let them drive you away..
Kay
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:04:21 AM by Kay »

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
See Jen,? I told you I was right!!
I am as much at fault as Jen. (if fault exists at all)  We were just joshing, sure it was a tad risque, but just silliness.
If you leave Jen I will have to go to Georgia and drag you back! o(:-)
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Joyce

• Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »
Meet you down there, Jerry! O0
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
And when you two leave Jens, you can stop up and visit me. ;)

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
This is why I prefer closed threads instead of deleted posts because in times like this, some members don't have a clue .........

Everyone has their right to have their own opinion (thank God) and post it.  Unfortunately thru message boards, PM's and posts, sometimes people take us wrong.
Some are better at expressing themselves with words, others like myself aren't good with words.

But Jen, as others said.. don't leave because of a disagreement or due to the fact that a few people are currently put off at you.

I currently have someone who no longer considers me a friend due to a disagreement and even though I think it's sad, I'm not leaving here. 

Everyone of us is different and adds something to the forum...   There's room for everyone here.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 12:14:47 PM »
I'm clueless to what happened.

But don't leave, just because one crazy person can't take a joke.  Some people have warpped minds and don't have a since of humor. 

If they didn't like what they were reading, they could have simply exited out of the post instead of reading it all.

DON'T YOU LEAVE, STAY

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »
The PMs I got were civil, really, but they were precursors of things to come, so i did what i did. I felt it was right.  Was it?  Who knows?
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 03:28:47 PM »
Okay, she has enough proof that she is wanted here. Now it is time for her to decide. Does she give the pratts what they want or does she stay here with the ones that love her?

I have not replied to many, if any of her comments but she is a part of this forum whether she wants to be or not. Give her a day or two, she'll be back. A good forum is a hard habit to break. I know.

Come on back Jen when you feel ready.

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 06:46:58 AM »
This was posted on other threads.

It is very hard to control what is said by each and every person in such a large diverse group of people because we don't all think alike. It seemed that it could have been enough for the offended person/people to let the moderators know that there was something they didn't approve of, let them make the decision about the measures to be taken and then forget it. There is no reason to berate/PM/tell off/criticize the people who may have posted the so called offensive words. The final decision about our behavior in the end is up to the moderators. Whose behavior was more offensive in this situation? Had we let Sean and Jerry handle this, we wouldn't have lost a good member of our group and left such a sour taste in her mouth. And the rest of us wouldn't have our tails in a knot. If the offended people tried as hard to post information, pictures and help people as much as Jen, our forum would be even better than it is.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 04:33:38 PM »
Jen, I have no idea what was said but please don't leave.

I did not read the posts in question, after Jerry said he wasn't going to be on Grey's Anatomy, I quit reading the tread. Sorry. LOL. I'm sure they would not have been offensive to me. Neither GAJen nor Jerry is a person I would ever think would post something offensive in the slightest.

There is a pond forum out there that I do find offensive but this one isn't even close in my opinion.

I feel everyone is on their best behavior here. People that I did find abrasive or somewhat offensive on previous forums, I don't here.

I am shocked to read these threads today. I hope Jen does not leave. I have no idea why she would think anyone was ignoring her. I don't read the forum as much as I have in the past. I don't have time. My new career takes a lot of computer/phone time and I've clearly missed stuff. IF I haven't answered ANYONE, it was not on purpose. I cannot get back to every thread I posted on anymore.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:51:22 PM by LeeAnne151 »
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »
She says she is gone. So be it. We tried.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"