Author Topic: The Tragedy of 9/11, a power-point presentation  (Read 1703 times)

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
The Tragedy of 9/11, a power-point presentation
« on: August 23, 2006, 06:52:35 PM »
I must warn you, there are some very disturbing photos in this Power-point Slide show. you must have Microsoft Power-point on your pc, otherwise you will not be able to view it. Most if not all of these photos are no longer shown to the public, they were withdrawn almost immediately.

Once it launches, you must use your left button on your mouse to proceed to the next photos.

If you find them disturbing, I will remove them immediately.

We must not forget this tragedy, it seems that we all are getting complacent again.

lou

Click here-----http://www.imagesct.com/web/disaster/The%20end%20of%20civilization%85..pps

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
Re: The Tragedy of 9/11, a power-point presentation
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:48:24 PM »
thank you Lou, I don't think any should be removed. Did you take them all?
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:16:53 PM »
They are very disturbing and very moving.  I definitely do not think you should remove them.  I think everyone should look at them so that we do not forget what happened.  You're right.  We are getting complacent again.

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 02:30:53 AM »
thank you Lou, I don't think any should be removed. Did you take them all?

hi leeanne, i did not take these photos, they were sent to me by friends in the media.

lou

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 04:46:26 AM »
Thank You Louis,
I, for one, will never forget. The photos speak volumes!
Please don't remove the them. They are great reminder to never forget.

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline cfarm

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 07:15:08 AM »
Sadly, we are being led, if not driven to complacency by a government who is not serious about domestic security. Individual citizens have neither the resources nor the power to address the real problems that would bring added security to this Country, be it at our ports, our airports or our borders. And when the government who is supposed to protect us does not lead by example, how can it not eventually lead to feelings of hopelessness or helplessness amongst the masses?

I would rather this not become a political rant, but folks need to realize that as long as our Government rules and justifies it's actions predominantly with the liberal use of fear, we are neither safer nor on any rational path to becoming so.

Let's not forget 9/11 and at the same time learn from it. Start by heeding some of the bipartisan 9/11 Comission recommendations. Start by recognizing a mistake and backing away from a war that we cannot win. Start by understanding our enemies, studying why they feel the way they do, then make intelligent decisions on how to address or counter their negative attitudes and actions toward us.

I think we all recognize this is a great Country. But at the same time we must recognize that not all of the world shares our values and beliefs and as such, ramming our idea of democracy down their throats is perhaps not the most well thought out move.

3,000 innocent people lost their lives on 9/11. 3700 innocent Iraqis lost theirs just in the month of July. That would be the equivalent of 37,000 Americans dying here, yet the media still has some running joke of a debate on whether that's a civil war that we're stuck in the middle of.

Sometimes perspective is needed to better understand what it is we are facing.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 08:40:56 AM »
It won't work on our machine that has Powerpoint. Bummer, I would have liked to seen the pics.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 08:47:29 AM »
I tried downloading & installing the 2003 power point viewer, but it is not working.

I'm going to send this to my hubby at work. He'll be able to see it.

Thanks for posting this, Louis. I completely agree with your rationale. 

Edit- Got it to work. Very moving. It appears that some of the pics are slightly out of chronological order. I was moved more by the single-person images than the large scale images. Don't know why, because back when it was happening I was struck by the large scale. I suppose that "now", I am more struck by those single images more than anything. Like the woman who was so covered in ash that she looked like a marble sculpture. And the black woman leaning on a shoulder: to me that was an expression of pure pain. Not to mention the gal sitting on the sidewalk covered in blood. Nope, I won't ever forget.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 08:33:21 PM by karen J »
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline cand

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 09:50:58 AM »
That was beautiful. It made me stop and think. And with the 5th anniversary coming up it is so fitting. I agree keep it as is. We must never forget.
Dana
PS Do you mind if I pass this on? I tried sending the link to myself  but it would not  work.
THANK YOU LOU

Edit:
Ok I found out how to send it. I have to save it to my computer.
But i await your permission to send it to my friends.
Thank you
Dana
SC PA zone 6a

Offline louis

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 10:44:46 AM »
That was beautiful. It made me stop and think. And with the 5th anniversary coming up it is so fitting. I agree keep it as is. We must never forget.
Dana
PS Do you mind if I pass this on? I tried sending the link to myself  but it would not  work.
THANK YOU LOU

Edit:
Ok I found out how to send it. I have to save it to my computer.
But i await your permission to send it to my friends.
Thank you
Dana

hello dana,

you may send it to your friends. the more who see this,. the more we will think.

lou

Offline cand

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 11:07:07 AM »
Thank you very much Lou. I think all of us need a reminder of what happened that day and how we will never be the same.
Thank you
Dana
A beautiful tribute to those who lost many.

SC PA zone 6a

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:14 PM »
Thank you Lou, I can't forget.  I'm a firefighter and we have 9/11 stickers in all of our engines and tankers.  We remember daily... o(:-)

LuAnn
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"