Author Topic: Some of my crew  (Read 3587 times)

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Some of my crew
« on: April 11, 2007, 07:44:52 AM »
I am new here and just wanted to post some shots of my koi. The dates on some of the pics. are wrong all most all of the shots were taken within the past week. I have been reading alot here before my first post I see alot of names I know and alot I don't but you all seem like very nice people and I look foward to getting to know you.
Have a blessed day

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Some of my crew
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »
Here is a few more
Have a blessed day

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:57:53 AM »
Welcome!  @O@ I recognize you from Koiphen! 8)

Love that black and silver one the best!
Love ALL of them! o(:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:00:17 AM »
Aw, what cute, friendly little guys!   o(:-)

And welcome to the board!

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:03:37 AM »
As well as I reconize you  @O@ I like that one also my hubby named him charlie.Sonatine gave him to me back in Sept.I wintered him at my moms and he just came home with me this past weekend along with 8 others  @O@ Thanks for the welcomes I am glad to be here.
Have a blessed day

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »
 :welcome:
  LOVE that butterfly Asagi but they are all so beautiful. Thanks for posting them. I love to see everyone's fish :)

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »
She is my fav. as well, she is now alone in a pond with two standard asagis hopeing love will be in the air soon
Have a blessed day

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 09:05:57 AM »
All are beautiful, but I really like the one in the 6th pic. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline CT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 09:33:50 AM »
I know nothing about fish genetics. Do Asagi's breed true or do you get other colors and patterns in a spawn? I'm assuming there would be many different colors and patterns. I wonder what percentage would be butterflies? I would love to see what you get.

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 09:36:03 AM »
I love the pictures and how nice that they will eat out of your hand like that!  Welcome to the forum!!   :)
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 09:45:36 AM »
Nice to have you here O0
Your fish are beautiful, but I love the butterfly o(:-)

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »
 o(:-) LOVE the yellow ones! They look like sunshine!!
Kathy

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »
Great shots! and welcome. I love your long fins! I'm still hopeing to get one or two more!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 10:45:58 AM »
Thank you everyone. I am not real sure how the spawn will turn out this is my first year to breed them. I hope it will all go well. Provided I am lucky and they fall in love I will post pics. Then I have the main pond where everybody loves everybody so I am sure I am only days away from a mass spawn. That is always fun except for dealing with more water changes which results in more spawning.
Have a blessed day

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 10:49:34 AM »
I'm gonna come steal that LF asagi someday....I absolutely love it...and I think it will only get better with age....they are all looking good  O0....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 10:55:25 AM »
I know nothing about fish genetics. Do Asagi's breed true or do you get other colors and patterns in a spawn? I'm assuming there would be many different colors and patterns. I wonder what percentage would be butterflies? I would love to see what you get.
in my case with of Fred and Ginger my asagi pair... I get 100 % true to color-but, not all look good enough to consider asagi-you end up with alot of hi asagi, some nicer asagi, some with out the orange, and some with orange spots on the blue....the only way I get anything other than asagi is when Fred breeds with my showa and then I all sorts of colors....It will be interesting to see what Luvmyasagi gets when hers spawn....hope she keeps us updated....gosh I would love to be there to help her cull-I could stick a few in my pockets  {:-P;;....asagi are my all time fave....
Lawanna

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 11:01:19 AM »
Thanks Lawanna, maybe the spawn will produce some like her and we can work something out. O0 I even thought of you when I put them in to breed. I love yours as well I have showed the hubby pics. of them. If nothing else maybe we can be lucky enough to be at a show at the same time and I can bring some with me.I will for sure keep everyone posted on the progress.
Have a blessed day

Offline CT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 11:08:52 AM »
in my case with of Fred and Ginger my asagi pair... I get 100 % true to color-but, not all look good enough to consider asagi-you end up with alot of hi asagi, some nicer asagi, some with out the orange, and some with orange spots on the blue....the only way I get anything other than asagi is when Fred breeds with my showa and then I all sorts of colors....It will be interesting to see what Luvmyasagi gets when hers spawn....hope she keeps us updated....gosh I would love to be there to help her cull-I could stick a few in my pockets  {:-P;;....asagi are my all time fave....
Lawanna
Ok Lawanna, you can't mention Fred and Ginger without pictures.  o( :)
Funny you should mention being there to cull. I have often thought you live close enough that I could do the same when you cull  ;D

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
Hello there!

What little piggies they are......  they look nice and healthy.

Your butterfly Asagi is my fav also!

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 11:29:01 AM »
You should here them one day I am gonna buy another cable for my camcorder to be hooked to the computer. We get a good laugh every time we feed them. Not to mention if I am working in the yard it is like a conga line swimming along the waters edge, they make every move I do.
Have a blessed day

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »
Kay you are more than welcome to come here anytime.....culling is really a hard thing to do...but, must be done....I can't do it when hubby is around or he wants to keep them all....with the asagi- I cull really hard-only keeping what looks like it may turn out to be a good one....and I'll try to take some pics of the pigs sometime...I am having the gawd awfullest time getting the foam to clear off of my pond...I have done everything-heavy water changes-cleaned out all the gunk from the sides, cleaned out my bio filter...and today I even vacuumed out my top basin....I can't figure out whats causing it  >:(- and foam on the water makes for really bad pics....

Luv- we will have to try and figure something out...I would love to have one of her babies...and I know you have been wanting one of Fred and Gingers too....

Lawanna

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »
 :2thumbs: (8:-)sounds good
Have a blessed day

Offline Esther

• Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 03:07:28 PM »
Welcome. You have nice kids.

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »
 :welcome: Beautiful Koi!!
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 07:48:29 PM »
Nice!  Vivid colors.

We love pics here on this forum. 8)
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 06:03:51 AM »
No love in the air yet maybe soon here are some pictures of her pond mates, maybe I will get a few goodlookin ones, that is if they will ever do what they are supposed to.
Have a blessed day

Offline CT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 06:10:20 AM »
Just beautiful! I think Asagi's are just one of the prettiest koi ever.. o(:-)

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 06:42:11 AM »
Luvmyasagi it really doesn't look like your female is carrying eggs yet...Fred and Ginger were 3 years old and around 22" before they ever spawned....so you may not get a spawn this year...infact if it were me I wouldn't incourage it...the bigger the parents are then the bigger the eggs will be and that makes for bigger and healthier babies....If it were me- I would hold off another year- give them plenty of room to grow and excellent water quality with lots of water changes....of course growth has alot to do with genes...but, more room per fish and water changes can really make a difference in a koi's growth....and like I said the bigger the koi- the better the babies....
Lawanna

Offline luvmyasagis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 06:55:06 AM »
I have been thinking about it and I was thinking the same, its just they were all going at it in the main pond then I moved them and I guess I killed the mood, I told the hubby last night that I may just put them back in the main pond.
Have a blessed day

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 07:12:47 AM »
Yep....that will happen....I am fortunate enough to have my domestic/longfin sepperate from Fred and Ginger so there is no moving ....I just add hyacinth to the pond and let them decide when its time....its less stressfull for them and me....in the domestic/longfin pond I have 2 males and 4 females so there is no telling who mom and pop are when they spawn...but, with Fred and Gingers pond I only have one male and that is Fred...then I have Ginger and Show Off my showa....We are working on a 5,000 gallon pond for Fred and his girls.... I think I'll keep a male from Fred and Ginger so I'll have 2 asagi males and keep a couple more females too from my stock...that way I know my asagi are 100% bred asagi and not muttlies.....and then the females I decide to keep won't really matter since I don't really breed specifically for showa or anything else...just asagi....
Lawanna

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"