Author Topic: One Year!  (Read 4867 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: One Year!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 04:53:20 PM »
Sorry to hear this Joyce, but I'm hopeing and praying that this will give you a whole new begenning cancer free. Hormone therapy is good stuff. I know this one for sure.  :hug:
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »
Thanks again everyone! :)

Hormone therapy is NOT always good stuff. {nono} {nono} {nono}
My cancer is Estrogen Receptive, meaning, it needs Estrogen to grow.
When women are put on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) they are not informed of the dangers of HRT.
HRT pumps your body full of Estrogen.
The biggest danger is: Most Breast Cancers are Estrogen Receptive (ER).
So, the more Estrogen you have in your body, the bigger the chances are that you will get Breast Cancer.
This also goes for most birth control pills. They increase your chances of getting Breast Cancer. :o

Why don't doctors tell you in no uncertain terms of the dangers of HRT or excessive Estrogen in your body?
Cuz they wouldn't make as much money if they did.

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/results/hrt-and-breast-cancer0204

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3132495.stm

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=22074

http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/health_news/190803hrt.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4038

It's a fact. ::)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »
I'm coming in late on this thread, but AWESOME news Joyce.    You Rock!
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »
I can't believe it's already been a year. You'll breeze the what is ahead without a hitch if my thoughts for you have anything to say about it.
Your fav lily bloomed yesterday and I got a shot. I also used it as a color palette for something else that I hope you approve of...

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 08:03:52 PM »
WOW! That is awesome Tim! O0
I just love Colorado, you just can't lose with this lily! 8)
Thanks so much! o(:-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Viv

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »
That's excellent Joyce! Wow, has it really been that long!!

I had a total hysterectomy about 9 years ago. I took HRT for the first year only until I did some reading and figured I would be better off without it. No one advised me that Estrogen would feed any stray endomitrial tissue, I had to figure that out for myself too!! I do hill walking to keep my bones strong.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 09:39:25 PM »
Congratulations on your one year anniversary, Joyce!!! @O@ @O@ @O@

I'm sorry you have to go through more surgery, but I know you'll do fine.   :)

Offline Marilyn C

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
Congratulations, Joyce!

Sorry to hear you have to have more surgery, but hope all goes well for you!

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 09:52:38 PM »
Congrats on your survival!  O0 O0 O0
I'm so happy.  o(:-)

Hormone therapy is NOT always good stuff. {nono} {nono} {nono}
My cancer is Estrogen Receptive, meaning, it needs Estrogen to grow.

Joyce, congrats on your 1 year anniversary!  O0

As far as Estrogen is concerned, what is the precursor to Estrogen?.... It's INSULIN!

No more than 5 grams of sugar/glucose/carbs/whatever ... in your bloodstream at any given time is normal. Anything more than that and it's a pancreatic emergency. Not good. If Insulin is the precursor to Estrogen (and all major hormones), then why is it soooo ignored by the major medical gurus??  >:(

"Why don't doctors tell you in no uncertain terms of the dangers of HRT or excessive Estrogen in your body?
Cuz they wouldn't make as much money if they did."

Bingo!  :( :'( Medicine is a business just like any other business- and Dr.s do not keep up on the real science. Most of them get their "continuing education" from drug companies... $$$ ... and they get an average of 13,000 $ per year from those drug companies to hawk the products. Bad.

Get that hysterectomy! No more worries...  ;) I wish you the best.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline lori s

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 08:24:24 AM »
Joyce,

Congrats! Gary, Andrew and I are so happy for you.
Good luck on the 23rd.

Lori

Offline terri

• Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 03:51:38 AM »
Congratulations! and wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery. :)
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 04:20:29 AM »
I had a complete hysterectomy almost 3 years ago.  I took the meds for about 4 months and didn't want to take them.  The doctor kept saying they will help with night sweats, mood swings etc.  I continued to have the night sweats, hot flashes,  My mood swings were more or, I would cry over anything that went wrong  lol couldn't help it, but it soon passed.

I decided that benefits didn't out way the risk and stopped taking it.  I felt better after I quit taking it than before.  My only sadness is, I've gained weight ever since the hysterectomy and I have not really changed, if any thing eat less and better foods like and apple instead of a cookie. 

As far as holding me down afterwards.  They gave me shots for the pain at the hospital, but after that they sent me home with something and I took 1.  I would rather just hold my stomach and bite my lip and know my name.  But the first week was the hardest.  But here's a funny story, he told me the more I walked the better it would feel.  So the second week, I was walking around pretty good, so I said lets go to Meijers and put around.  Big mistake, big, big mistake.  I guess the car ride zapped me or something.  I made it to the frozen food section and started getting weak.  I held on to the cart and said, Robbie I don't feel right.  A lady turned around and said your getting ready to pass out, and she stayed with me.  Robbie went to the front of the store and got me a wheel chair and I was ok after that.  It was kind of embarassing, glad I didn't pass out though.

But after that 2nd week I felt really good.  I work at a Bingo Hall, so I do lots of walking.  I went ahead and went back and did a couple sessions here and there the next few weeks.  I just told them, I can walk just can't pick up anything  (now that's a hard thing not to do, when your use to just picking things up like laundry, you just do with out thinking) and I wouldn't be running across the hall for any bingos, they said that was fine.  Believe me, your stomach will tell you when you forget about the part of picking something up....ouch and you drop what you have really quick.

I hope it all goes smoothe for you and a speedy recovery. 

Kim  :hug:

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 08:27:37 AM »
Joyce, I hadn't read this thread since the beginning. You had hinted to me that something may be around the corner in the way of surgery and I am just now finding out about it. Hopefully it is all over now and you are on the road to recovery. Like someone else said, don't overdo. I hope Bill understands this also and will help you out and encourage you to take it easy.

As for the Estrogen story, I was glad that my doctor agreed with my decision to forgo hormone treatment when I got to that time of life. She knew that my mother had undergone a mastectomy at about age 75. I didn't know if her cancer was estrogen fed or not. I said I'd rather die suddenly of a heart attack than linger with cancer. I was fortunate though and didn't have hardly any menopause symptoms at all.

Offline sheepie

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2007, 08:20:17 PM »
Congrat's on marking your 1st year @O@ @O@

Bessie

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2007, 11:56:27 PM »
Congratulations Joyce, I too think this year has zoomed by.  I hope the surgery goes well and the recovery is smooth, you have come through this like a champ.  I'm so impressed with you.  Best wishes.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"