Author Topic: which camera do you use and why ???  (Read 1330 times)

Offline joejoe123

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
which camera do you use and why ???
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »
I use a Nikon D70s and I love it but I am thinking of upgrading and would like all kinds of opions on the best but affordiable camera.
I got it off ebay and paid 500 for it used and would like to get just the body  of another camera and mabye a lense. If you have a camera laying around you dont use let me know how much ou would like for it .

Joey
Joey Gatlin  Zone 7A   Alabama

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: which camera do you use and why ???
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »
My father just gave us a Canon Power Shot G7, around $550.00.  (the only expensive gift he's ever given us, I was afraid he was dying!)  I've previously been using a Kodak Easy Share camera.  I'm looking forward to taking pics with the new camera this summer, it takes stunning close-ups.

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:26:40 PM »
Minolta Dimage z6  Works well for me.  I bought it because we had already used a z3 and like it..I like this one even better.  It's not a terribly expensive camera, but I don't need and didn't want one that was.
Mary

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:32:57 PM »
I've always used Canon cameras. Nothing against Nikon, just my initial choice and I never saw a reason to jump ship. My main camera is the 20D and my backup is a 300D.
I have been eyeing the 5D but am waiting to see if they leapfrog it with a better model in the next year. My 20 gives me 8+ megapixels which is good enough for right now.
I have always used SLR's. I waited until I could get a good deal on a digital SLR and then jumped on them. With an SLR I am able to change lenses, accessories and whatever I need to get the right shot.
Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »
I have an Olympus 740 UZ.  Simple to use, has many settings.  Takes good, clear crisp pics.  There are more current models similar to this camera same brand.  I've had this one for a few years, and the reason I got it was because of members on the former forum. 

Alot of it is personal preference, as what do you want your camera to do  Zoom, sports mode, landscape mode....etc, and how much you want to spend on it.  I know I wouldn't trade my camera for anything.  Now, if it quit working I would probably just go to the newer Olympus model.  I'm very happy with my camera.

But you can tell from forum members here, there are alot of good camera's out there. 

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d158/KyKim/

Kim
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 04:32:51 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 02:55:54 AM »
Sound slike you are advanced past this, but in case anyone is reading and wondering....
I am on my second easy share
(kodak) in 3 years. (both gifts from Mom, or I would have gottne something else the second time)
IMHO they are junk. I liked the easy use, but features jsut quit working right after the warranty exprires (sometimes before) the printer dock worked for a couple of uses. Then said it had a paper jam- nope, no paper jam. But you can't get it to work again. You have to send it in adn they want $80 to LOOK at it. It takes 6-8 weeks to get it back. I could buy  a new one for less on sale!
The second camera was supposed to be an "upgrade" but the pictures are not nearly as nice as the older one.
Kathy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"