Author Topic: Pergola/shade structure Near Complete New pics 5-21-07  (Read 4583 times)

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wow Kim..that's wonderful! You guys are doing a great job. Can't wait to see the new pictures :)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Here is another pic of what little we got done.  Its been raining here.

Posted on: May 01, 2007, 07:24:13 PMPosted by: happyoutsidegirl 
Insert Quote
Hay Kim it's looking great!  But I don't see much of a slant 

I don't see one either.  He assures me, it will have a small slant when he gets done.  I tried to explain that it needed one from the beginning, but he keeps saying just wait.  So, you got me on what he's got planned.

I did manage to get my Lotus pots sunk in the ground though...

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
It's gonna be awesome Kim!

He even buries lotus pots!!!???

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
I loved seeing all those pics!  And how lucky you are to have that neighbor, Kim.  Although it could be a problem if you didn't always agree on what he wanted to do.  What kind of projects does he do at his house? 

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
DH, does alot around here.  I use to do it all, but I have so much problems with my knee, hip and feet he won't let me dig to much any more.  I cut the back yard the other day and he fussed at me, I'm just doing what the doc says, keep moving.  I've already been told I have a long long road ahead of me.  I had a bone scan done last year, and I already show signs of osteo in my hip.  My knee was fluid, and its under control and he said he don't want me to mess it up again. 

Guess you can say I'm spoiled, but only the past couple years and I've been married for 16. Or maybe I've settled down too.  I use to stay on the go.  I think the pond and deck is what saved our marriage.  After building the first one it got better.  Then when we built the deck and the bigger pond, I wanted to stay home all the time.  So, maybe that's why he does all this...donno   :thinking:

Kim
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:07:37 AM by Ky Kim »

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Kim that's wonderful, I wouldn't question at all why dh helps out and just take it whith a big kiss and a thank you darlin. My dh's health is so poor now there is very little left he can do, but he use to help a lot!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
Re: Pergola/shade structure Near Complete New pics 5-21-07
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »
Well, here it is almost done.  We're waiting for the ball bungee's to be delivered, then attach the grommets, stretch it out and pull it kind of tight, a little trim job and whaaala.  We just went ahead and threw it up there until they arrive.  I'm amazed on how much shade that the shade cloth provides.  I took a few pics you can see the differece on the deck.  Even on the picnic table, you can see the difference.

Kim

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 02:51:35 PM »
Few more pics....

The one view, is my favorite place........on my swing and facing the falls.

I'm kind of thinking about getting another piece of shade cloth and making like curtains out of it.  So, when the sun is going down at the blinding point we can pull it across there.  My plans are to make it two pieces so that we can still use the back set of steps.  Does that sound like it would work.

Kim
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:03:25 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 05:52:39 PM »
That looks great Kim.  Isn't it wonderful how inviting shade makes a space?  I love the look of outside curtains and I think it would work really well for your deck.  Here's a pic of the curtains here, made from shade cloth, pulled closed on one end.  I used a wire and tightening thing that I already had from IKEA. I can take a picture of how it works if you want.  Basically you screw an eyebolt at one end, at the other end there is a torquing screw so you can tighten it up.  I put grommets in the hem at the top, my advice would be to really reinforce the shade cloth hem for the grommets, mine are starting to pull out.  I used ring binder circles, you can buy a bunch of them cheap for holding loose leaf papers together that are hole punched.  It slides easily and when I want to keep it open I use a short bungie hooked to a ring on the wall.  To keep it taut I have a grommet in the middle that hooks to a ring on the far side with one of the rings or a key clip.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »
Hi Kim,

Wow it's really looking nice!

The shade cloth does an excellent job!  I'm going to have to go back and read which one you bought.  I keep going back and forth if I want to shade my Pergola or not but I think I would enjoy it more if it was shaded when it gets hot out.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 06:26:14 PM »
Bonnie, I think you would really enjoy it more if you had it.

Kim

Offline GAjen

• Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »
It's looking great. I'm jealous of all of yours.....

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 04:55:37 AM »
That all looks great Kim!  Make sure to post a pic of your row of lotuses once they get going!
Joey

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 07:03:48 AM »
No problem Joey.  They were doing better in the Greenhouse than now.  There slowing putting out a pad.  I guess, the temp swings we've been having???

Kim

Offline GAjen

• Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »
Mine isn't doing a thing I think it is dead.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"