Author Topic: Tammie you are AWESOME!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Tammie you are AWESOME!
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:37:34 PM »
 :) :) When I got home there was a box from Hawaii on my Doorstep.  @O@  I expected  a few small healthy plants, what I did not expect was that!  Tammie those were awesome, absolutely awesome O0 I got home too late to get them into the pond so they went into the aquarium to keep the roots moist. Thanks for the great plants I absolutely cannot wait to see what the will do! These were awesome I cannot say thank you enough. PM or e-mail me the reimbursement info. Woo Hoo! @O@

Check out these great plants:
One is a Gloire du Temple-sur Lot and she sent me 4 Joey Tomocik as well! Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Tammie you are AWESOME!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »
Tammies lilies are da bomb......I was totally shocked by the size of them the first time I ever got any from her....I planted them right away and they NEVER went thru any sort of shock...she is where I learned to pack and ship lilies....Her other plants are just as big and healthy too  O0 O0.....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »
Tammie, tammie, tammie....
 I am so wanting to sing your accolades... please give me a shout when your care packages for me are grown out....
You know I am like a little kid on Christmas Eve... I can't wait.  lol

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:30:07 AM »
Tammie has absolutely the best plants out there and she is also very very generous with them . . . you absolutely get more than you pay for when you buy from her!

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:52:04 AM »
Those look fantastic!!!!!  I was going to get a  Gloire du Temple-sur Lot  this year but heard it was so hard to get to bloom, so I passed :-\  Loved the bloom I'd seen.  I hope it blooms for you, let us know how it fairs, I may change my mind and get one next year.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 09:20:49 AM »
I may just plant that one directly into the pond bottom. Actually I may do that with all of them except the odorata's (way to aggressive) the seem to explode once they get into the pond muck. so maybe that will encourage it to bloom more often O0 I cannot tell you how excited I am!
Feel just like Timgod, like a Kid at Christmas! @O@
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 09:22:34 AM »
Ew-w-w!  Some of those pads look icky!  To much water in there!
Great pictures tho!  Please note that the GdTsL tag is not a truly named tag!  That's cuz I'm not 100% sure it's true to name.  It could only be one other lily - Hollandia - those were the only 2 hardies in that pool.  I'm 75% sure it's GdTsL... Can't wait for a bloom on that lily, I only got 2 blooms last year.  
Lawanna - I found more of "those" lilies... and I have your address!
Teresa- I'm waiting for your lily to grow up a little, and I have your address too!
Marla- send me a email if you're interested in a GdTsL (?) lily.  I've got a few more...
And thank you all for the nice comments.
Oh!  Tim dear I'll PM you in a little while.  Impatient boy.  Don't you know GOOD things come to those who wait?  lol
Tammie

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:25:40 AM »
Andy, I don't know about putting those Joeys straight into the bottom of your pond.  I started with 1 lily and by the end of the first year I had at least 50, then the next year I sold almost 200.  Then alot of them became lovely compost and I still have around 30 of them.  Beware....
Tammie

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
Roger that I will stick to the gloria/hollandia Everything Else in a pot! Thanks for that tammie. Andy

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 01:48:10 PM »
I hope that doesn't mean bad things come to those who are impatient then.....
I..  :-\
  might...  :-\
         be...  :-\
             in...  :'(
                trouble...  ::)
LOL

Tim

P.S. Glad to see you back on. Still fighting with the hubbies laptop?
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
Nope. Got the new computer.  The company I bought the computer from paid shipping to me, and to ship the other one back to them.  When I hooked up the new computer it started doing the same thing the other one did - icons jumping around and a continuous beep on start up, couldn't open any programs...  I called the manufacturer (Lenovo) and guess what!?  My wireless keyboard and mouse were bad!  lol  Absolutely nothing wrong with the computer after I hooked up a new keyboard and mouse!  The company that I bought the computer from is going to be so mad at me when they figure out that nothing was wrong with the first computer...
Tammie
P.S. sent you a PM

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 06:09:28 PM »
Tammie is the best and a very kind and considerate person.

lou

Offline puddleponder

• Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »
Tammie, how do you pack them?

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 05:33:51 AM »
Tammie,
    Just an update, I got them all potted and into the pond. I placed them in the shallowest areas I was comfortable with and the still left them all below the water line. I watched them carefully for a few days and I am happy to report that they all made the stretch for the surface. The Gloria/Hollandia was the first to make it and appears to be doing well. The Joey's are all either at the surface or just below. I gave them plenty of good soil, and fertilizer. Meant to ask. Would placing the Gloria/hollandia into the bottom of the pond itself be a good idea? if the growth rate on the odorata was any indication it should provide plenty of nutrients.

The box arrived with each of the lillies roots wrapped in wet newspaper and placed in a plastic bag not unlike other lillies I have received.

They are doing well. Thank you again tammie. Andy

Offline tammie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 09:23:05 AM »
Thanks Andy!  I just PM'ed you asking how the lilies were doing.  I think the GdTsL would be okay loose in your pond.  It hasn't been agressive here... should be okay for you.  I don't know, I like having them in pots, then if I'm smart enough to tag them I know what they are!  lol 
PuddlePonder check out this thread -  http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1904.msg20162#msg20162

Tammie

Offline puddleponder

• Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »
Thank you Tammie.  The last plants I received were several years ago & the zip lock bags were inflated.  Do any of you still do that?

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 02:23:21 PM »
not totally inflated....But, if it is easily broke and needs alittle extra cushion I will leave alittle air in the bag...but, not inflated enough that the plant gets tossed about during shipping.....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"